Cheesey Spaghetti for Lunch.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
I purchased a bag of sharp, white cheddar powder a few weeks back. We've used it on popcorn, and it was very tasty. Well, today I wanted to make mack and cheese to go with left-over meatloaf for the grandkids lunch. I looke for the blue box, and came up empty.

Sooooo, I broke spaghetti noodles into thirds, and got them boiling. While they were cooking, I brought 1/4 cup cream to a simmer, and ahttps://www.discusscooking.com/forums/images/smilies/hungry.gifdded 2 heaping tbsp. of the cheddar cheese powder, stirring it until well blended, and lump free. I added a 14/ cup of whole milk, and 1 tsp. yellow mustard, again stirring well. I finally added 1/4 cup fine grated 5 year old white cheddar, fter taking the pot off the heat. This all came together as a very smooth, and rich cheese sauce, with strong cheddar flavor. When the noodles were almost al dente, I took 3 tbs. of the pasta water and added it to the sauce, drained the noodles, and mixed them into the cheese sauce. They absorbed that little bit of excess water, and gave me great, cheesey pasta.

To my surprise, the boys devoured the pasta, but wouldn't touch the meatloaf, which they loved last night.
Oh well, meatloaf sandwiches tomorrow:yum:

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

No confusion Chief, don't worry about it.

Like your combo. Noted for grandkids!
and even if they don't like it - I'm sure I will! :yum:

Thanks, but I don't know how that link got in there. I entered it on another page just to see what it was. It was just a smiley face gif. If you could edit out - https://www.discusscooking.com/forums/images/smilies/hungry.gif , so that the post is less confusing, that would be great. Thanks.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North
Thanks. I sort of see what happened. Somehow, the URL got dropped in between the "a" and the "dded" of the word "added". Now, I'm curious how that happened. I can't edit it out. I'm not a moderator anymore.

If you click the little red triangle with an exclamation mark, at the bottom of the section with your name, you can report the post. It will take you to a page to explain why you are reporting it. This is where you can ask to have your post fixed. A moderator will usually take care of it fairly quickly.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom