"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Pasta, Rice, Beans, Grains...
Click Here to Login

Old 06-24-2022, 05:49 AM   #1
Certified/Certifiable

Chief's Protein Energy Bars

Chief's Protien Energy Bar

I just put this together with ingredients on hand. They came out really tasty
They are packed with foods that will sustain you on a hike, while driving, or at work. Did I mention the taste is really good? And the texture is chewy, but soft enough to enjoy straight up.

Ingredients:
1/2 cup rolled oats, uncooked
1/2 cup steel cut oats, uncooked
3 tbs. dried apple bits
2 tbs. ground cinnamon
2 tbs. maple syrup
1/2 cup craisins
1/4 cup raisins
3 tbs. vanilla flavored whey powder
1/4 cup roasted pecans, broken
1/4 cup shelled pistachios
1/4 cup broken Wheat Thin crackers
4 tbs. butter
4 tbs. whipped honey
5 strips dried mango
1/4 cup dried ruhbarb bits

Cut mango strips into small pieces.Combine everything but the butter, and honey in a microwave safe bowl.heat honey and butter until softened. Mix into the bowl with dry ingredients. Stir to caot evenly. Line a 9 inch square baking pan with parchment paper. Put bow contents into the baking dish
Spread evenly, and press down all over. Place in fridge for two hours. Temove from fridge, and lift the parchment paper, and protien bars from the pan, and onto a cutting board. Cut into bars, or squares. Store in fridge in zipper bag. Enjoy.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Chief Longwind Of The North is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 02:52 PM   #2
Certified/Certifiable

In the words of a once popular TV character, "Don't you just love it when a plan comes together?"

The staff where I get my dialysis done ate my protein energy bars today. They loved them. One nurse is athletic, and highly active. She's always hungry, and a bit worn out by lunch time. Not today. She said that she had tons of energy, and the bars tasted great. The other nurses, both male, and female loved the flavors, and textures. Success!

Oh, and the Wheat Thins crackers were yhe ones with oregano in them. Everyone liked the savory flavor that they added. I'm a happy man. Just got home. It's time for my post dialysis nap.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North
Chief Longwind Of The North is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
buttey, craisins, honey, mango, oats, pecans, pistachios, recipe, whey protien

Chief's Protein Energy Bars Chief's Protien Energy Bar I just put this together with ingredients on hand. They came out really tasty They are packed with foods that will sustain you on a hike, while driving, or at work. Did I mention the taste is really good? And the texture is chewy, but soft enough to enjoy straight up. Ingredients: 1/2 cup rolled oats, uncooked 1/2 cup steel cut oats, uncooked 3 tbs. dried apple bits 2 tbs. ground cinnamon 2 tbs. maple syrup 1/2 cup craisins 1/4 cup raisins 3 tbs. vanilla flavored whey powder 1/4 cup roasted pecans, broken 1/4 cup shelled pistachios 1/4 cup broken Wheat Thin crackers 4 tbs. butter 4 tbs. whipped honey 5 strips dried mango 1/4 cup dried ruhbarb bits Cut mango strips into small pieces.Combine everything but the butter, and honey in a microwave safe bowl.heat honey and butter until softened. Mix into the bowl with dry ingredients. Stir to caot evenly. Line a 9 inch square baking pan with parchment paper. Put bow contents into the baking dish Spread evenly, and press down all over. Place in fridge for two hours. Temove from fridge, and lift the parchment paper, and protien bars from the pan, and onto a cutting board. Cut into bars, or squares. Store in fridge in zipper bag. Enjoy. Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North 3 stars 1 reviews