"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Pasta, Rice, Beans, Grains...
Click Here to Login

Old 07-26-2022, 02:48 PM   #21
Assistant Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
So is there more than one authentic version of lasagna in Italy? Are they all authentic as long as they are made in Italy?
Following the authentic Italian recipe.
AgricultureCooking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2022, 04:32 PM   #22
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
So is there more than one authentic version of lasagna in Italy? Are they all authentic as long as they are made in Italy?
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgricultureCooking View Post
Following the authentic Italian recipe.
You didn't answer the question. Are you saying there's only one authentic Italian lasagna recipe? What is it (ingredients and instructions for making it)?
Old 07-26-2022, 04:36 PM   #23
Certified/Certifiable

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigC View Post
I'm thinking of a white sauce that incorporates jumbo lump blue crab meat as part of it. Any thoughts or ideas?
I'm thinking pink. A shrimp and crab bisque, using the lump crab, minced shrimp, and boiling the shrimp shells, then blending everything, including the shells, into the liquid. Thicken with a Bechemel, with a bit of old Bay, and white pepper. Top pasta sheets with a dusting of Parmigiano Reggiano, or your favorite Italian hard cheese. Sounds good to me.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- https://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 08:23 AM   #24
Master Chef

Site Moderator

Chief, that sounds amazing! and with crab too!

Tags
basil., cottage cheese, cream, cream cheese, garlic, ghouda, lasagna, milk, onion, oregano, parsley, recipe, rosemary, sausage, thyme

Chief's White Lasagna I have two grandkids that don't like tomato. So as my DIL made that wonderful white bean chili the other night, I figured I'd make white lasagna. Here's how I'm making it. First, I'm using the oven ready lasagna noodles, no boiling required. Then, here's the ingredient list: 2 lbs. bear meat sausage 16 oz. large curd cottage cheese 1 1/2 cups shredded aged gouda cheese 8 oz. cream cheese 1 cup minced Italian parsley 1/2 tsp. dried oregano 1/4 tsp. dried thyme 1/4 tsp. dried rosemary 1 cup fresh basil leaves1/2 cup cream 1 cup milk 2 large cloves garlic, minced 1/2 white onion, minced 2 tbs. olive oil Heat fry pan with oil over medium-high heat for 1 minute. Add onion, and garlic. Stir for 2 minutes. Add dried herbs. Stir for one minute more. Add sausage, break up, and brown. Ass cream cheese, and cream. Stir until smoothly combined. Stir in milk. Set aside. Chiffonade the parsley. Place enough meat sauce into the bottom of rectangular baking pan to coat the bottom evenly. Cover with dry noodles. Spread cottage cheese to evenly cover, followed by half of the parsley, and half of the fresh basil leaves. Spoon meat sauce evenly over all. Sprinkle half of the gouda to cover. Place another layer of noodles, and repeat. Cover pan tightly with foil, and bake at 350' F for 40 minutes. Remove from oven, and take off foil. Sprinkle shredded sharp cheddar on top, and bake ten more minutes. Serve with garlic bread. All the classic lasagna flavor with no tomato. For our members who have problems eating tomato, this is a great recipe. I tasted the meat sauce. That bear meat sausage is perfect for this. Dinner is going to be good tonight.:yum: Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North 3 stars 1 reviews