Cold Sicilian Pasta Salad - TNT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mish

Washing Up
Cold Italian Pasta Salad - TNT

Spring is in the air, so I went through my recipes to find something light & healthy with lots of veggies. This dish is filling on its own, but you could serve with grilled salmon or chicken - or add chunks of cooked salmon or chicken to the dish.

12 oz. jar marinated artichoke hearts with liquid
1/4 cup oil-packed, sun-dried tomatoes, drained and thinly sliced
A few Tbls. red wine vinegar - to taste
1 Tbls. chopped fresh oregano (or 1 tsp. dried)
1/2 pound mozzarella, fresh, cubed or diced
Salt & freshly-gound black pepper, to taste
1 med yellow summer squash, thinly sliced
1/2 lb pasta shells (tri-color rotini or penne)
Fresh green beans, (about 2 cups) trimmed and cut in half or about 2" lengths

Cook pasta until al dente Meanwhile, steam green beans and squash until tender. Rinse under cold water and drain.

Drain pasta, rinse under cold water and drain again. Combine green beans, squash, artichokes w liquid, sun-dried tomatoes, red wine vinegar, oregano, cheese, s&p in a large serving bowl. Refrigerate a few hours & serve cold.

Last edited:
Miss Jean err:ermm: Mish

I like the looks of this one...I love the ingredients by themselves..together it has to be delicious..How can it not be?

Thanks for sharing!!

I love dishes like this that can be a side or a main if you just add some chunked chicken! GREAT recipe mish.

Good one Mish,
didn't get to shop today birthday party for Carson..But I will get some goodies and make one this week, spring or no spring, rain or shine:LOL: Thanks.

kadesma:)

Uncle Bob said:
Miss Jean err:ermm: Mish

I like the looks of this one...I love the ingredients by themselves..together it has to be delicious..How can it not be?

Thanks for sharing!!

You are very welcome, Mr. Clark err :ermm: Rhett err Uncle Bob.

Another green bean combo I'm fond of is cold green beans & red potatoes (replacing the pasta), w or w/o the moot zah rell ah. But, that's a whole other recipe. Hope you enjoy. ;)

kitchenelf said:
I love dishes like this that can be a side or a main if you just add some chunked chicken! GREAT recipe mish.

Me too, Elfie. ;) You are very welcome.

During the summer (when it's too hot to blink - or a weekend as warm as this one has been), I make up a big pasta salad w veggies & keep refrigerated in a big Dutch Oven. For dessert, I have a big, juicy, fuzzy peach or fruit salad, and I'm good to go. (I get cranky w/o my daily dose of fruit, lol.)

Last edited:
kadesma said:
Good one Mish,
didn't get to shop today birthday party for Carson..But I will get some goodies and make one this week, spring or no spring, rain or shine:LOL: Thanks.

kadesma:)

Happy belated birthday to Carson ;) Whew, it looks like 'shine' this week -- about 85-90, for us. Kads, after you make the dish & put it in the fridge, wanna sneak off to an a/c food court with me? lol. j/k. Hope you all enjoy.

mish said:
Happy belated birthday to Carson ;) Whew, it looks like 'shine' this week -- about 85-90, for us. Kads, after you make the dish & put it in the fridge, wanna sneak off to an a/c food court with me? lol. j/k. Hope you all enjoy.
I'd love to sneak off anytime:LOL: It was pretty warm here today but so nice..DH got a lot done in the backyard with help from son-in-law..Ahhh tuesday I can start putting in some hardy new plants yippee. And wed I'll make the salad...

kadesma :)

Mish, Thank you for the Pasta Salad. My husband...says I can't make a good pasta or potato salad. Now I will try this one and I think he will eliminate pasta salad (me not being able to make a good one).

Let's try the potato next. Thanks

Mish,
wanted to let you know we had your pasta salad last night..I put it together in the morning and had a hard time waiting for it to be just chilled enough..I did some big thick pork chops coated with pepper on the grill and some French bread too..Dinner was perfect..This salad is really good..Thank you.

kadesma;)

kadesma said:
Mish,
wanted to let you know we had your pasta salad last night..I put it together in the morning and had a hard time waiting for it to be just chilled enough..I did some big thick pork chops coated with pepper on the grill and some French bread too..Dinner was perfect..This salad is really good..Thank you.

kadesma;)

Your very welcome. So glad you enjoyed the dish. Thanks for the thuimbs up & letting us know how it turned out.

Back
Top Bottom