Fav pasta shape?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My favorites are radiatore and angel hair. Unfortunately, I can no longer find the radiatore, so I've started using rotini.

I'm not real crazy about lasagna or the stuffed pastas, but do make them on a regular basis -- a few times a year during the cold months. Almost everyone I know loves it when I make them, and once threw a three-lasagna party at the holidays (regular meat-and-mushroom red sauce, my normal; seafood in a cream sauce, and a vegan version). Now that someone mentioned it, I haven't seen radiatore recently either; I used to make a great pasta salad with it. I can't say I've really looked, just think it dropped out of sight. The fact is, I don't dislike any of it, just that some, if left to cook just for me (that would be tragic, and I'm not kidding, I love to cook for friends and family) I wouldn't make lasagna or stuffed or baked pasta dishes.

I like most Asian noodles as well with few exceptions. I really don't like thick rice noodles, which is no biggie because you seldom see them outside of a large cities China Town or Hawaii. But the others, rice vermicelli, bean threads, udon and other Japanese buckwheat noodles; I like them all.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom