Gassy Beans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't know what Tiger Balm is but I'm certain that I don't want to know what you'd rub it on to alleviate flatulence.

Last edited:
My mom had some success reducing the gassiness a little by bringing the beans to a boil with baking soda, rinsing and soaking. Beano also helps a little. As some others said, eating beans more often is supposed to help also.

:) Barbara

skilletlicker said:
I don't know what Tiger Balm is but I'm certain that I don't want to know what you'd rub it on to alleviate flatulence.

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

actually, no problems yesterday.....but we eat them again today :rolleyes:

I gotta tell you all I am glad that today is day five, and officially the end of the gassy bean experiment. Days 1 and 2 were not so bad, but wednesday (when I was off colour anyway) and yesterday were really not so good. It has caused substantial mirth but not the desired result. On the plus side what I have noticed is, by default, my appetite has decreased and it has reminded me that beans and pulses are so excellent for dieters because they are so satisfying! Perhaps we have sluggish reactions and if we continued the daily intake of beans we would react, but we have them fairly regularly anyway :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom