Gnocci in soup?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

giggler

Sous Chef
Would Gnocci stand up as a subsitute for dumplings in a pot of Chicken and Dumpling soup?

It's that time of year again for Chix and Dumplings. I simply cannot make my dumplings come out right.

But I make a nice Gnocci!

Thanks, Eric Austin Tx.

Would Gnocci stand up as a subsitute for dumplings in a pot of Chicken and Dumpling soup?

It's that time of year again for Chix and Dumplings. I simply cannot make my dumplings come out right.

But I make a nice Gnocci!

Thanks, Eric Austin Tx.

Not sure since gnocchi is generally cooked in large amounts of salted water, with nothing else to bump into but each other. In a soup with less liquid and other ingredients they might not cook properly. If you cooked them separately and then added them like a garnish, it would probably work.

Not tnt yet, but I copied a chicken and dumpling recipe last week for the slow cooker that uses Poppin' Fresh biscuit dough for the dumplings. It says to roll them out fairly thin and cut into strips and add to the pot for the last hour (cooking on high in the Crock Pot) at the same time you add 2 cups of frozen veggies.

Not tnt yet, but I copied a chicken and dumpling recipe last week for the slow cooker that uses Poppin' Fresh biscuit dough for the dumplings. It says to roll them out fairly thin and cut into strips and add to the pot for the last hour (cooking on high in the Crock Pot) at the same time you add 2 cups of frozen veggies.

A sister of a friend of mine does that. The whole family absolutely LOVES her dumplings, and nobody knows but the sisters (and me obviously).

I don't think there would be a problem either. They don't have to be in the soup for the entire cooking time. Just add them towards the end so they cook through.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom