Homemade lasagna pasta gone awry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stattico

Assistant Cook
My girlfriend and I have been dabbling in the homemade pasta game for a couple months now with much success. The other night though we tried to make spinach Lasagna noodles and the result was pretty much disaster.

Our noodles looked good initially, we layed them out on tea towels and then let them dry over night as we had with our other pasta. The next morning the noodles had curled up on the long edges (like they wanted to form a long tube) and were very brittle to pick up. Most of them in fact cracked over night to the point that they are now useless for lasagna.

Where did we go wrong? Our thickness was 6 (out of 7), do we need to go thicker? Was there not enough water in the dough? Should we not let them dry out over night? If we are planning to use them the next day should we just freeze them?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Hi Stattico! Please provide me ingredients-quantity of the recipe (often i do homebrew pasta from myself, my mom teached me when I was a kid).

Bye from Tuscany!
Michele

I always try to use fresh pasta that day. It's much better than if used after it has been frozen.

I never dry my pastas, but here's a guess: It may have dried out too quickly. A damp cloth on top may have slowed the drying time down so the pasta wasn't "shocked". Like I said, just a guess. Once mine come out of the maker, it goes into the pot.

Back
Top Bottom