How Do You Prepare Your Shrimp Scampi?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
All I can say Margi Cintrano is that is one great recipe.:yum:
(thanks for cut and paste)
I will use your recipe the next time we go out shrimping if do not mind.

Might post a pic or two of the cook.:LOL:

Savannah Smoker: Thank you for your feedback

Thanks so much for the wonderful feedback and I am very pleased that you shall give my Shrimp Scampi a try ... It is a lovely dish and makes a great presentation too ... and relatively simple without alot of fuss.

All my best wishes for a great summer.
Margi.

Buon Giorno, Good Morning,

Firstly, Scampi in Italian are Cigales in Spanish, and I do not recall encountering the exact same exact species while we lived in the U.S.A.

Most Italian restaurants I have been to in North America, use various types of Shrimp for the recipe.

Thank you for your contributions.
Margi.

Cerise,

Thank you for posting your recipe for Greek Scampi. Sounds tasty in its own right too ...

I also have prepared Saganaki Shrimp, a Greek shrimp dish with Feta, Tomato, White Wine & Lemon with herbs in the oven ... Sort of a Greek Parmigiana, where the Feta melts on top of the Shrimp ...

Have lovely August.
Margaux.

Cerise,

Thank you for posting your recipe for Greek Scampi. Sounds tasty in its own right too ...

I also have prepared Saganaki Shrimp, a Greek shrimp dish with Feta, Tomato, White Wine & Lemon with herbs in the oven ... Sort of a Greek Parmigiana, where the Feta melts on top of the Shrimp ...

Have lovely August.
Margaux.

There are many shrimp dishes - fra diavolo, etc., etc. w/ tomatoes.

Your question was shrimp scampi, & I shared a favorite w/ a twist (no tomatoes etc.).

Another favorite is little shrimp casseroles from Jacque Pepin. Same ingredients as scampi, but baked in little gratins.

Also, re scampi, such a simple dish it even be prepared in the microwave.

Cerise,

Thank you for some of your future ideas to try out.

I am familiar with Jacques Pepin. I believe I have a cookbook of his back in Madrid. He had written a cookbook with Julia Child or had done a dvd with her, yes ?

I also think a non tomato twist can be lovely too ... for a change ...

What are your Little Gratins ? Which cheeses do you employ ?

Thanks for your contribution and feedback.

Ciao, Margaux.

Back
Top Bottom