How to cook rice noodles?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kitchengoddess8

Sous Chef
I bought some Thai Kitchen rice noodles to serve with a simple peanut sauce. I followed the instructions on the package, but the noodles came out rubbery. The recipe said to immerse them for 8-10 minutes in water that has been boiled. Even after immersing them for 10 minutes, they had a rubbery texture when I mixed them with the sauce. Do they need to be stir fried after immersion in water? They definitely didn't taste like the noodles I order in Thai restaurants!

I only cook rice noodles and the kind you are describing I usually soak them in boiling water until they are separated and soft, then stir-fry them as Andy and others mentioned. I use several different brands, and Thai Kitchen are very good so that shouldn't be your problem.

It sounds like I need to stir fry them after soaking. I'll try that and post the results.

You could try soaking them longer and/or stir-frying with the sauce if that is appropriate to the recipe.

The noodles came out great when I stir fried them. Thank you!!! Do you have a recipe for a simple quick peanut sauce that would go well with them? I'm not crazy about the recipe I used.

Back
Top Bottom