How to store freshly made, uncooked mushroom ravioli

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

larry_stewart

Master Chef
I want to make some fresh mushroom ravioli.
Problem is, I won't cook/ eat it until tomorrow or Friday.
What is the best way to store the ravioli for a few days.

Should I store it in the uncooked stage in a zip lock or plastic container?
(Id prefer to store them in the uncooked stage, and cook them up when I need them)

Should I boil them, then store them, and reheat for dinner?
If so, should I store them in the sauce or not in the sauce ?
( not sure what sauce i will be using yet).

Thanks,
Larry

If your pasta has fresh egg in it, it won't keep more than a day or so in the fridge. It will start to turn black. If it's an eggless pasta, it will keep longer.

I usually freeze my ravioli if I'm not planning to use it the same day. Lay the them (uncooked) out on a baking sheet and freeze until firm. Then put them in a plastic bag and return to the freezer. If you don't freeze them individually, they will stick together in the bag. Don't even bother to thaw them - just drop what you need into gently boiling water.

store them in single layers with wax or parchment paper between the layers so they don't stick together. For a couple of days in the fridge. Longer in the freezer.

If your pasta has fresh egg in it, it won't keep more than a day or so in the fridge. It will start to turn black. If it's an eggless pasta, it will keep longer.

I usually freeze my ravioli if I'm not planning to use it the same day. Lay the them (uncooked) out on a baking sheet and freeze until firm. Then put them in a plastic bag and return to the freezer. If you don't freeze them individually, they will stick together in the bag. Don't even bother to thaw them - just drop what you need into gently boiling water.

+1

I make my ravs dough 100g semolina to 1 large egg and a pinch of salt.
I fill the dough and then place them all on a floured half sheet pan, leave them to dry on the kitchen counter for at least 3 hours and toss the whole pan in the chest freezer overnight, then my lovelys are placed in a zip top freezer bag for later consumption.
If we're having a pot full the same night that they are rolled out, then after drying, into a very large pot of boiling water they go until cooked to al dente and served with your choice of toppings.
https://mykitcheninthemiddleofthedesert.wordpress.com/2015/09/30/a-birthday-celebration-in-food/
My husband is over the moon for ravs and meatballs with homemade marinara.

JMO-reheated raviolis are not as tasty :)

We do it the way SS wrote, on the rare occasions we actually have extra homemade ravioli. :ROFLMAO:

I'm lazy and know my limits. I pull these out of the freezer.:rolleyes: They're better than I could ever do. ;)

img_1440299_0_40d11847aa711c8fdb87d7003d220078.jpg

Back
Top Bottom