I'm looking for slow cooker rice dishes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Timothy

Head Chef
If you have a TNT rice dish that is made by simply putting rice into a slow cooker with other ingreadients, simple and easy, then I would love it if you posted it here in this thread.

I'm looking for recipes that are THAT simple.

Toss in rice
Toss in veggies
Fill with water or broth
Maybe put in some meat.

Wait 6-8 hours
Serve and eat!

Tell me your favorite!

If you have a TNT rice dish that is made by simply putting rice into a slow cooker with other ingreadients, simple and easy, then I would love it if you posted it here in this thread.

I'm looking for recipes that are THAT simple.

Toss in rice
Toss in veggies
Fill with water or broth
Maybe put in some meat.

Wait 6-8 hours
Serve and eat!

Tell me your favorite!

Oh my goodness, no one has a slow cooker rice dish recipe?

I guess I'm going to have to invent one.:idea:

I've done CP chicken and rice, with cream of something soup, you could add mushrooms, cream cheese, chopped onion. You might want to consider Minute Rice. I don't have a recipe, I just throw things in.

Rice pudding is also good in the CP.

I've done CP chicken and rice, with cream of something soup, you could add mushrooms, cream cheese, chopped onion. You might want to consider Minute Rice. I don't have a recipe, I just throw things in.

Rice pudding is also good in the CP.

So you literally just throw the raw rice, soup and chicken into the CP and let er rip?

I did a rice dish in the crockpot, just once. I did not like how it turned out. The rice was reduced to mush. Now I cook it separately and add just before serving.

I did a rice dish in the crockpot, just once. I did not like how it turned out. The rice was reduced to mush. Now I cook it separately and add just before serving.

Thanks PF, I've made soups in the CP by adding the uncooked rice, but neve a casserole type meal. I imagine most of them would be kinda mushy from the rice being cooked this way.

Timothy said:
So you literally just throw the raw rice, soup and chicken into the CP and let er rip?

Sure. You can also use precooked rice. I'd cook on low, and maybe add some broth, mushroom liquid, or water. I recall I used Minute Rice, but looking in one of my CP books, they have recipes for regular uncooked, wild, and even Uncle Ben's rice blend. And as PF mentioned, you could always cook it separately to add later.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom