ISO Stuffing Help/Recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Luvs2Cook, your recipe is the same basic traditional one I use (no eggs). It's wonderful without adding a thing.

we made our stuffing/dressing last night and dw will bake it this morning before we head out to my parents' house.

it included: potato bread cubes (dried, unseasoned), 3 cups onions, 4 cups sliced mushrooms, 3 cups celery, 1.5 lbs crumbled turkey sausage, turkey stock, and bell's seasoning mix.

i'm not sure if dw added diced apples.

it will be dotted with butter and baked at 375 until the top gets brown and crunchy.

I got Bell's and it smells wonderful. I will be using it along with fresh herbs in my compound butter for under the turkey skin and in my stuffing.

I got Bell's and it smells wonderful. I will be using it along with fresh herbs in my compound butter for under the turkey skin and in my stuffing.

I am glad you found it. For me it is a holiday smell just like nutmeg!

Don't forget to toss some in the gravy!

Have a great Thanksgiving!

I am glad you found it. For me it is a holiday smell just like nutmeg!

Don't forget to toss some in the gravy!

Have a great Thanksgiving!
I ALWAYS add some poultry seasoning and herbs in the gravy. LOL I will try to save a bit of the compound butter to use in the gravy.
My turkey stock smells so good. I roasted 2 turkey wings for 1/2 hour then simmered them in 1 box Trader Joe and 1 box Kitchen Basics turkey stock (I will add the wing meat to soup), clery stalks, carrot (unpeeled), onion (unpeeled), fresh sage, fresh thyme, fresh rosemary and parsley stems. It tastes so good and will make an awesome stuffing and gravy.

It took me two hours to get everything going, we will be eating in about an hour. My dressing is fantastic, I had so much turkey stock that I ladled some extra over the casserole dish to let it soak in. I like moist dressing.

The entire corn bread stuffing recipe plus the recipe on teh Bell's box was good enuf for the small crowd I had. I didn't know the side of Bell Box said for 5lb bird so I was nervous that it wasn't enuf. Of course it wouldn't be enuf if I hadn't made the corn bread stuffing.

My entire Thanksgiving dinner came out FABULOUS!!! - gravy could of been thicker but still very good. Alton turkey method took a LOT longer than expected for some reason and I had some very nervous people wanting me to wait until closer to 170 to take the bird out of the oven. Especially my mom and step dad.

The entire corn bread stuffing recipe plus the recipe on teh Bell's box was good enuf for the small crowd I had. I didn't know the side of Bell Box said for 5lb bird so I was nervous that it wasn't enuf. Of course it wouldn't be enuf if I hadn't made the corn bread stuffing.

My entire Thanksgiving dinner came out FABULOUS!!! - gravy could of been thicker but still very good. Alton turkey method took a LOT longer than expected for some reason and I had some very nervous people wanting me to wait until closer to 170 to take the bird out of the oven. Especially my mom and step dad.

That's great! I happy it went well for you. Remember what you did and you can repeat it next year.

legend_018 said:

Yessss! What a great feeling, Legend! :flowers:

:chef:Thanks!!
Ya I actually got big WOW's like everything was sooo good and you did such a great job. It did feel good.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom