Lemon Pasta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
This is lovely with a butter cream sauce and served with some garlic grilled shrimp or scallops, It's easy to make, just add 2 beaten eggs,2 Tab. lemon zest,4 Tab. lemon juice,1/2 tea. salt to 2-1/2 to 3 cups of flour. Mix with hands to mix dough together, Add 1-2 Tab and keep mixing til it makes a ball. Add more water if needed.Put on floured surface and knead about 10 min. add more flour if needed. Cover and let rest about 15 min. roll out and shape into fettucine strips and cut. Use right away or coil, bag and refrigerate or freeze.
Make a sauce of butter, cream and toss cooked pasta in it...Enjoy
kadesma

yum, kades!! pasta is my weakness...you make this sound so easy - i am gonna try it!! thanks :)

yum, kades!! pasta is my weakness...you make this sound so easy - i am gonna try it!! thanks :)
It is, I love hand made pasta and this is a favorite.Let me know what you think.
hugs
cj

It sounds good to me too. My MIL taught how to make what DH's family just calls "noodles". Eggs and flour, mixed, rolled very thin, cut into thin strips then cooked in very condensed chicken stock. They are good, but I'm not the best noodle maker, so I sometimes wind up standing at the counter unrolling the cut noodles because they stuck together, ugh(not enough resting and/or flour I'm guessing). But I am interested in the lemon, w/cream sauce!?! Yum! I'm saving this recipe and I promise you someday soon I'm making it!!

It sounds good to me too. My MIL taught how to make what DH's family just calls "noodles". Eggs and flour, mixed, rolled very thin, cut into thin strips then cooked in very condensed chicken stock. They are good, but I'm not the best noodle maker, so I sometimes wind up standing at the counter unrolling the cut noodles because they stuck together, ugh(not enough resting and/or flour I'm guessing). But I am interested in the lemon, w/cream sauce!?! Yum! I'm saving this recipe and I promise you someday soon I'm making it!!
Katy, buy some rice flour and after you cut the noodles or pasta strips sprinkle with the rice flour, when you get ready to cook, shake off the rice flour and put right into the water...When I do these I make a nest on a cookie sheet flash freeze then transfer to a plastic bag..But try the rice flour ,nest then either cook or freeze. I like the idea of cooking in stock, sounds yummy.:)
kades

My husband likes to make pasta from scratch and this sounds like a winner.
Thanks Claire,
it is easy and you can do any shape you like. I like long strands of pasta so do a spaghetti or fettucine with it.
kadesma

Katy, buy some rice flour and after you cut the noodles or pasta strips sprinkle with the rice flour, when you get ready to cook, shake off the rice flour and put right into the water...When I do these I make a nest on a cookie sheet flash freeze then transfer to a plastic bag..But try the rice flour ,nest then either cook or freeze. I like the idea of cooking in stock, sounds yummy.:)
kades

Thanks for the tip!! I will certainly try it. When I cook mine in the stock, the stock thickens and turns into a kind of sauce, it is yum.

Also, here's my tip: When cutting the noodles, I use my pizza cutter. It makes it go much faster, at least for me.

Thanks hun,

Katy

Thanks for the tip!! I will certainly try it. When I cook mine in the stock, the stock thickens and turns into a kind of sauce, it is yum.

Also, here's my tip: When cutting the noodles, I use my pizza cutter. It makes it go much faster, at least for me.

Thanks hun,

Katy
I use a pizza cutter or my notched cutter that I use for ravioli.
kades

Back
Top Bottom