My Simple Linguini and Clam Sauce

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, what Taxy wrote. I use Pernod in the copycat mussels dish from Carabba's that I make. It is available in the small airline bottles in larger liquor stores. There's also Anisette as a less expensive alternative.

Funny, we've been talking about getting 1 of the large bags of clams at Restaurant Depot and having steamers for a meal, then having clam linguine with the rest of them.

My neighbour has a Pernod at 6 pm. I once bought a bottle to keep for her the odd time she comes over. Then a year later I bought a second bottle, forgetting about the first.

LOL - still have lots for mussels and clams! Gotta get to it!

Thanks for reviving this thread!

My neighbour has a Pernod at 6 pm. I once bought a bottle to keep for her the odd time she comes over. Then a year later I bought a second bottle, forgetting about the first.

LOL - still have lots for mussels and clams! Gotta get to it!

Thanks for reviving this thread!

Another way to use some of htat Pernod...
I keep frozen ravioli on hand for those "no time or desire to cook" nights. Any of the seafood ravioli are great with a quick Pernod sauce.

One of the loves of my life!
39817-albums1064-picture8071.jpg
[/IMG]

That's beautiful Joey and I'd love to see your recipe for "red" clam sauce.

I don't know how the talk about Pernod got started. The last thing I'd want to add to my "simple" clam sauce is the flavor of licorice. :sick:

That looks wonderful, Joey.

Like Kay, I'm not fond of anise flavors, but I sure can vouch for her recipe. I need to restock my pantry with clams and a bottle or two of clam juice. :yum:

Last edited:
Kay and Cheryl, there's not enough added of the Pernod or Anisette for you to taste it, at least in my mussels recipe. It just adds a little "sumthin, sumthin" to the dish. Remember, I don't like licorice or anise either.

My son, the proffesional cook, worked at a local Italian Restaurant and frequently made a red pasta sauce that included clams, mussels, and shrimp. It was delicious. Of course I had to learn to make it.

Another great addition to clam chowder is crayfish meat. If unseasoned, and cooked in butter, the flavor is somewhere between lobster and shrimp. The tail meat, when removed from the tail, is the same size as a small clam, and just gives a nivee little chunk of really good flavor and texture.

I would think that frog's legs would be good mixed in with chowder as well.

For those looking to redue potatoes in your diet, sunchokes make a wonderful substitue, are far healthier, and low calorie. They also feed gut flora, and so are great prebiotic.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Back
Top Bottom