Need 5 good pasta with chicken recipes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alx26

Cook
I need to make pasta, to put it into lunch box and eat it cold, later on, maybe even freeze(not essentially). Maybe cook in a batch.

The thing is I want to eat the stuff in quite big quantities, and I don't want it to get monotonous fast (or be dry).

Please help me out and post good recipes for pasta and chicken. The healthier the better but also NOT essential, just as long as it tastes good and will not get monotonous fast.

I will appreciate the help :chef:

2 Cups dry Rotini Pasta
3-4 Chicken breasts, cubed
1 cup diced tomatoes (Romas if possible)
1 cup sweet peas (thawed frozen peas are best)

1/2 cup mayo
3/4 cup sour cream
2 Tbsp basil
2 Tbsp parsley
2 tsp lemon juice
Salt and Pepper to taste

Combine mayo, sour cream, basil, parsley, and lemon juice in a bowl. Mix well and set aside for 30 minutes in the fridge.

Cook pasta according to directions and set aside in large bowl. Add tomatoes and peas.

Sautee the chicken cubes in butter and EVOO (salt and pepper to taste) until done. When done, add to pasta.

Pour the sauce over the pasta mixture and fold it in to incorporate. Once all ingredients are fully incorporated, refrigerate for one hour and then serve. Or serve immediately.

For a little more flavor, add 1 tsp of dill to this. Grated parmesan cheese is nice with this as well.

Last edited:
Pound out some chicken breasts and stuff with spinach, 3oz. cream cheese and parmesean. I microwave frozen spinach first and then add the cheese when the spinach mixture is melted top the chicken breast with it and roll them up like jelly rolls seam side down. Place them in a casserole dish that has been sprayed with no stick. Meanwhile, make a sauce with mushrooms, onions, 1 or 2 cloves of garlic, lemon juice (1/2 lemon) some chopped tomatoes, milk and 3 oz. cream cheese. After the sauce has had time to simmer together, pour it on top of the chicken. Top with cheese, I use monterey jack, but anything you like would be fine. I serve this over egg noodles. It makes alot and you can freeze it if you want to switch up your dishes during the week.

:)How about Pad Thai with chicken you can get Thai Kitchen brand Original Pad Thai it comes with the noodles and sauce.Really simple to make and very good cold check the box to get the other ingredients.These are rice noodles instead of regular pasta but very good.

Here's a very recent thread with a couple of good recipes http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f21/need-chicken-lo-mein-recipe-38031.html

Here's another idea:

CHICKEN AND SESAME PASTA 8 oz. spaghetti
1 tsp. Chinese sesame oil
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/4 c. creamy style peanut butter
1/4 c. chicken broth
1 tbsp. soy sauce
1 tbsp. rice vinegar
1 tsp. grated fresh ginger
3 scallions, sliced thin
1 c. Chinese pea pods
2 tbsp. toasted sesame seeds

Lee

Here is a great pasta and chicken salad:

Grilled Chicken Pasta Salad

For the salad:
1 pound rotini
2 pounds thin-sliced chicken cutlets (cut a boneless skinless breast in half lengthwise)
2 TBS lemon juice
1 large sweet red pepper,cored, seeded and diced
1 large sweet green pepper, cored, seeded and diced
1 medium red onion, halved and thinly sliced
2 scallions, trimmed and thinly sliced

For the dressing:
2 TBS minced fresh dill (or use a lesser amount of dried)
1 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup red wine vinegar
1/2 cup honey
1 tsp prepared mustard
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp dried parsley flakes
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/2 cup canola oil

1. Cook pasta following package directions and drain
2. While pasta is cooking, heat grill pan or broiler. Sprinkle chicken with the lemon juice and grill or broil until juices run clear and internal temp reads 160F. Set aside to cool.
3. When cool, cut chicken into bite sized pieces and mix with cooled pasta in a large bowl. Stir in peppers and scallions and dill.
4. Whisk dressing ingredients together, except for the oil. Gradually whisk in the oil.
5. Pour mixture over pasta and chicken and toss. Chill well before serviing.

This makes alot and is really good. I left out the sugar, because the honey made it sweet enough for us. My DH loved it.

Back
Top Bottom