New Pasta machine.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Alix said:
Kadesma, do you have a picture of your rolling pin? And do you just sort of smear the filling on the dough or do you have to place it where the pockets will be?

http://www.ravioliroller.com/index.html

http://www.ravioliroller.com/steps.html

I don't use the ravioli maker attachment for my machine, as I don't have it. It is easy, once you've pressed the dough to smear on the fillings and top w another layer of dough and cut. This link I mentioned shows every variation possible and is the best imo.

Constance the site below also gives a good basic dough recipe. (Check out all the topics on the left of the page.) I found some filling ideas, I'll try to post.But, this is a great site toclick around and read all the info.

http://www.hormel.com/templates/know...emid=44&id=526

Last edited:
ArticKatt - please forgive me ... maybe what you are calling a pasta machine and what I was thinking of being a pasta machine are maybe not the same? To me, a pasta machine is a roller gizmo like the Atlas, Imperia or VillaWare like this ... but the recipe you gave would be more fitting to a pasta extruder machine (which would require a much softer dough). Although I am still confused about, "I used a basic recipe of 2 cups floor and 6 eggs as I was cooking for 6 pasta lovers."

The ravioli roller mish linked to is one that I have seen. I'm more familiar with the "old world" wooden rollers like this - but they do come in different sizes if you check around for them - and someone makes one that is a composite of both plastic and wood.

The other thing that I was talking about, kind of like an ice-cube tray, looks like this - again they come in different sizes and shapes (round or square) if you look around for them.

Personally - I'm still making them totally by hand (and I have NEVER used won-ton wrappers). I make the dough, crank it out in a 6-inch wide strip, and depending on the size of ravioli I want I spoon the filling on, and cut and seal by hand.

Anyone use one of these ?
It's a cherry wood noodle cutter. Price: $21.95
I've been rolling out my dough by hand using a
japanese rolling pin made especially for noodles.
I then roll up the dough like a jelly roll and cut the noodles
about 1/4 inch with a very sharp knife.
This looks like a better way to do it if it works as advertised.
1403h9jw.jpg

Michael in FtW said:
ArticKatt - please forgive me ... maybe what you are calling a pasta machine and what I was thinking of being a pasta machine are maybe not the same? To me, a pasta machine is a roller gizmo like the Atlas, Imperia or VillaWare like this ... but the recipe you gave would be more fitting to a pasta extruder machine (which would require a much softer dough). Although I am still confused about, "I used a basic recipe of 2 cups floor and 6 eggs as I was cooking for 6 pasta lovers."

The ravioli roller mish linked to is one that I have seen. I'm more familiar with the "old world" wooden rollers like this - but they do come in different sizes if you check around for them - and someone makes one that is a composite of both plastic and wood.

The other thing that I was talking about, kind of like an ice-cube tray, looks like this - again they come in different sizes and shapes (round or square) if you look around for them.

Personally - I'm still making them totally by hand (and I have NEVER used won-ton wrappers). I make the dough, crank it out in a 6-inch wide strip, and depending on the size of ravioli I want I spoon the filling on, and cut and seal by hand.

The Imperia is the one I use. I posted the link to the rolling pin thing for Alix. I make mine by hand. It is just as easy, to me. I have the ice cube thing & I do not use it.

I also saw the six eggs immediately, and thought that was way too many eggs, but ????

I LOVE you people! Mish, did you intentionally give me a Canadian company or was that just kismet? I totally want one of these! That would make life very very easy. Treetoad, I would really like one of those rollers too, do you have a link for it? I am not finding anything when I google. (Admittedly I am a little low on coffee at the moment though, so that is likely my fault)

Mish, I couldn't get the page to come up.
I used the recipe that came with the pasta machine. I just don't think I worked enough flour into it. I was watching a guy make pasta dough on TV the other day, and the dough looked very stiff.
I just need to work on it, I guess.

I would be very careful when buying a used pasta machine. Some people use them to roll out polymer clay for craft projects. I don't think you can use the machine for pasta after rolling out clay.
I have an Imperia and also use the ravioli plates to make ravioli.
My recipe for pasta is 1 c flour 1 egg, 1 tea olive oil. If it is too dry I use a little water.
Pasta is like making pizza dough. Once you get the technique down its easy.

Constance said:
Mish, I couldn't get the page to come up.
I used the recipe that came with the pasta machine. I just don't think I worked enough flour into it. I was watching a guy make pasta dough on TV the other day, and the dough looked very stiff.
I just need to work on it, I guess.

Sorry about that link, Constance. Try this one and click on all the topics on the left of the page (i.e. Homemade pasta, etc).

http://www.hormel.com/templates/knowledge/knowledge.asp?catitemid=44&id=526

Wow! Information overload!

I've never seen those rollers. Unbelievable.

I'm the same as Michael. I use the manual rolling machine (Marcato) and have the cutting accesories to go with it.

We use large - extra large eggs which give us a similar dough to that described by Michael, but I do it by weight.

That is, 1 X 65 gram egg to a cup (130gms) flour (weighed) per serve. Some days upto a Tbsp of water needs to be added depending on humidity & temp. This allows for the dough to be rolled to the thinnest setting (#9) on our machine with no problems.

Cooking - Spag, fett etc no more than 3 mins at the boil. These are normally rolled to #5 for spag & #6 for fett. Ling. rolled to #7 or 8 about 2 - 2.5 mins at the boil.

Does anyone know of a website that will tell you how to
repair a Pasta Machine?

I am desperate!

Thank you and BE BLESSED!

Back
Top Bottom