"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Pasta, Rice, Beans, Grains...
Click Here to Login

Old 01-26-2020, 07:34 PM   #1
Master Chef

Orzo con Funghi

Orzo con Funghi, or Orzo with Mushrooms is another of my creations, though I am sure many others have made something similar. In any case, this is a tasty side dish. Enjoy.

Ingredients:
1 cup Orzo pasta
[I]2 tbs. salted butter
1/2 lb. portablella, or white button mushrooms, chopped
1/2 lb. Porcine (king bolete) mushrooms, chopped
2 tbs. black truffle oil
2 cups chicken stock
1/2 onion, chopped.

Fill a suitable saucepan with the chicken broth/stock. Add the orzo and bring to a simmer. Cover and cook for 10 minutes. Heat the butter in a skillet adn add the mushrooms and a pinch of salt. Saute over medium heat until the mushrooms are very lightly browned. Add the chopped onion, cover, and cook for another minutes. When the pasta is done, pour the mushrooms, onions, and butter into the noodles. Dress with black pepper, and black truffle oil. Serve with roasted chicken, and dressing/stuffing, and sugar-snap peas.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- https://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 07:53 AM   #2
Executive Chef

Thank you Chief! Making me weak in the knees!

Old 01-27-2020, 09:16 AM   #3
Executive Chef

Thanks, Chief..

Love Orzo and mushrooms.. I doubt I'll ever buy truffle oil again but, I'm certain I can make this recipe work for us..

Ross
Old 01-27-2020, 10:15 AM   #4
Executive Chef

the truffle oil is one of the best parts. I always keep some on hand. Love it in my mashed potatoes, I put a drop on anything if I think it needs an extra boost of something different.

It is/was extremely expensive but the price has come down by more than half lately. Guess people have found out that it is synthetic flavourings so can't justify. Read a few articles quite a while ago about not being able to tell the difference between real and artificial by much.

I'm happy with it.
Old 01-28-2020, 09:17 AM   #5
Sous Chef

thank you for posting!

Tags
king bolete mushrooms, orzo, portabella mushrooms, recipe, truffle oil

Orzo con Funghi [B]Orzo con Fungh[/B]i, or Orzo with Mushrooms is another of my creations, though I am sure many others have made something similar. In any case, this is a tasty side dish. Enjoy. [B]Ingredients:[/B] 1 cup Orzo pasta [I]2 tbs. salted butter 1/2 lb. portablella, or white button mushrooms, chopped 1/2 lb. Porcine (king bolete) mushrooms, chopped 2 tbs. black truffle oil 2 cups chicken stock 1/2 onion, chopped. Fill a suitable saucepan with the chicken broth/stock. Add the orzo and bring to a simmer. Cover and cook for 10 minutes. Heat the butter in a skillet adn add the mushrooms and a pinch of salt. Saute over medium heat until the mushrooms are very lightly browned. Add the chopped onion, cover, and cook for another minutes. When the pasta is done, pour the mushrooms, onions, and butter into the noodles. Dress with black pepper, and black truffle oil. Serve with roasted chicken, and dressing/stuffing, and sugar-snap peas. Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North 3 stars 1 reviews