Pasta Buried In The Sand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't know about "regional," but in Italian they are called "cece's" (pronounced chi-chi).

Ahhh good info! I wondered why we called them that.
Thanks.

(or should I just have hit your thanks button? :LOL:)

I once asked DH to pick up some garbanzos from the grocer, he insisted they did not have any. After he came home, garbanzo-less, he explained that all he could find was chick peas. I tried to explain that they were one and the same, and later picked up a can my own self. On one side of the label it said chick peas, on the other, garbanzo beans. I like to bring this up to him every once in awhile.

Last edited:
perfect time of year to cook up a side of low carb spaghetti squash for your hubby, so you can both enjoy this inspired angel hair pasta-chichi bean dish....:)

He can have about a cup of most starches, so it'd actually be fine, more nutritious than just the pasta. A big salad on the side and it would fill him fine. Just wasn't thinking.

CharlieD said:
It sounds good, but isn't it just carbs?

It is mostly carbs but I usually balance the menu. One night we'll do some kind of pasta, but then the next night we'll do vegetarian, then chicken the next maybe seafood another night and beef/red meat another night. I like a little bit of everything but I think moderation is the key

Back
Top Bottom