Pasta Buried In The Sand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

She Eats Cheese

Senior Cook
Ingredients

Angel hair pasta
2 tbs butter
1/2 cup olive oil
4 cloves of minced garlic
A handful of fresh chopped parsley
1 can garbanzo beans
2 tbsp breadcrumbs

Procedure

Bring a large pot of water to a boil for the pasta. Melt butter in a large pan mix in bread crumbs and parsley. Gradually add the garlic and sauté until the garlic is colden brown. Take a moment and smell the garlic as its heating up! Reduce heat add the olive oil and let that heat up. Drain the can of garbanzo beans and add to the pan. Mix this sauce with your pasta and serve immediately.

Hints and suggestions: the pasta is alway best when served el dente. Mix with the sauce immediately after straining. For additional add a few dashes of Tabasco sauce. You can also add some parm cheese as well as ground pepper to taste.

image-3096425825.jpg

That sounds wonderful SEC! I don't think I've ever used garbanzo beans in anything but a cold salad and curries. I look forward to trying this! :)

Looks great. I love garbanzo beans in chili, pasta, salads, curries, everything. I always keep some frozen ready to add to soups, etc. in the freezer. The LCBO Food and Drink magazine has 39 recipes using chick peas (I didn't search garbanzo beans), including Indian chick peas and potatoes, and 2 or 3 pasta dishes, for fellow chick pea lovers.

http://www.lcbo.com/lcbo-ear/Recipe...Size=3&keyword=chick+peas&yearissue=&seasonal=

Last edited:
CWS4322 said:
Looks great. I love garbanzo beans in chili, pasta, salads, curries, everything. I always keep some frozen ready to add to soups, etc. in the freezer. The LCBO Food and Drink magazine has 39 recipes using chick peas (I didn't search garbanzo beans), including Indian chick peas and potatoes, and 2 or 3 pasta dishes, for fellow chick pea lovers.

http://www.lcbo.com/lcbo-ear/RecipeController?action=result&language=EN&recipeType=1&mainIngredientMaxSize=12&coursesMaxSize=3&keyword=chick+peas&yearissue=&seasonal=

Thanks for sharing this link. I'm always looking for creative ways to use garbanzo beans!

Husband loves garbanzo beans (I like them, too), but I adore angel hair. Will do this in the future. My big problem is it may be too much carbs for husband, so I need tolook that one up.

Does anyone else here call garbanzo beans chi-chi beans, or is that a regional thing?

I've heard that as a name for them but don't use it. It's always been garbanzos or chick peas.

Husband loves garbanzo beans (I like them, too), but I adore angel hair. Will do this in the future. My big problem is it may be too much carbs for husband, so I need tolook that one up.

perfect time of year to cook up a side of low carb spaghetti squash for your hubby, so you can both enjoy this inspired angel hair pasta-chichi bean dish....:)

I never had hummus. I do like the texture of the aforementioned beans though.

And I don't see the like button. It's not where it usually is on other forums that I am on that use it...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom