Penne with Asparagus rec

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
found some asparagus for $1.79 per lb. couldn't resist so...Any tube like pasta would work here. I used penne as I already had it on hand.
8-oz. penne
1-lb. asparagus, trimmed and cut on a diagonal into about 1 inch pieces
3-tab. evoo
4-cloves garlic, minced
ground black pepper to taste salt
3-oz smoked mozzarella, diced about 1/2c.
4-oz. proscuitto, cut into strips crosswise
3-4 Tab. sliced fresh basil
Bring a pot of salted water to boil. Add penne and cook about 5-7 min. or til it is as firm as you prefer. Add asparagus, cook about 2 min or til crisp tender.Drain pasta but save about a cup of the cooking water.
In large skillet heat oil over med heat. Add garlic and saute til you just smell it.Add pasta and asparagus a little salt and pepper and the 1 c. of cooking water and toss to coat. Take skillet off heat, add mozzarella, proscuitto and basil, toss, season with more salt and pepper and a light drizzle of evoo..Serve and enjoy

kadesma:)

Hi Kim,
I hope you will enjoy it. I wasn't sure as the thick pastas are not my favorites, but, I tasted and it's quite good.

kadesma

CJ, I am slobbering...:-p I have to save this recipe until spring, right now there are no asparaguses in sight in the market... Hurry up spring!!:rolleyes:

Four cloves of garlic. Now we're talking, kads. :) Can I have some shrimp in mine? Looks great. Thank you kadesma.

mish said:
Four cloves of garlic. Now we're talking, kads. :) Can I have some shrimp in mine? Looks great. Thank you kadesma.
Hi Mish, and thank you, yep 4 cloves :LOL: shrimp sounds good..Will add some just for you...Let's eat...

kadesma

urmaniac13 said:
CJ, I am slobbering...:-p I have to save this recipe until spring, right now there are no asparaguses in sight in the market... Hurry up spring!!:rolleyes:
Darn, wish I could send you some, my but it's good..Can't wait to see your reation when the time comes..

corazon90 said:
Cora, I like most pastas, I just prefer, thin pasta like angel hair or linguine, I looked up the one you gave the link for and that looks great..I like farfalle or bowties and use them for Cade with an alfredo sauce..My little mister, loves any white sauce:LOL: And he always asks for bowties:LOL: Will give your recipe a try for us big kids and top Cades with his alfredo, til I can con him into trying some of ours...
Thanks Cora,

This sounds great and, since we will have fresh asparagus from our garden come spring, I'll print it and save to prepare at that time. I also like the suggestion for adding shrimp. Additionally, I would add fresh sauteed mushrooms. Asparagus and mushrooms go great together. My husband and I love mushrooms, so I put them in lots of dishes, even when they are not mentioned in the recipes. Thanks for this dinner idea.

I'm happy you like the recipe cat. The addition of mushrooms is a good one. We enjoy them too and there isn't a sunday that passes that we don't have mushrooms here.

Back
Top Bottom