Perfect Pot For Spaghetti?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love these stainless steel pasta inserts. I even took a 20 qt stainless steel restaurant double boiler insert to a metal fabricator to put holes in it like the one in the photo.

img_1084363_0_59587c9cb3d7ad0e8e4e6308cd998724.jpg

I needed a really big one for the masses of garden vegetables I freeze.

I use all of my various sizes of pasta inserts with their respective pots to blanch loads of garden produce in the summer. When properly blanched I just put the pasta insert in a sink of ice water to stop the cooking process, then put the blancher on the sink drainboard before packing the veggies in freezer bags.

Pasta pots aren't single use items in MY household. They are multi-purpose and labor saving.

How do you keep them from making loads of little fountains of hot water when you take the insert out of the pan?

How do you keep them from making loads of little fountains of hot water when you take the insert out of the pan?

I put the insert into a shallow pan and carry them to the sink. Very little water actually drains into the shallow pan before the insert is placed in the ice water.

I put the insert into a shallow pan and carry them to the sink. Very little water actually drains into the shallow pan before the insert is placed in the ice water.

While you lift the insert from the water, you do so slow enough to allow it to drain back into the boiling water first. I think that's what taxlady meant. If done too rapidly, it spews fountains of boiling water from the bottom and sides.

While you lift the insert from the water, you do so slow enough to allow it to drain back into the boiling water first. I think that's what taxlady meant. If done too rapidly, it spews fountains of boiling water from the bottom and sides.

Yup, that's what I meant. I guess I just don't have much patience. I was taught that once my pasta is ready, I should get it out of the water NOW!

I use my pasta insert when making chicken stock. Place meat and veggies in the insert, simmer till done, lift out insert NO straining of stock necessary. Works beautifully.

Oh sure.. with that ANYONE can make stock. Why back in my day, you had to manually remove all those parts from the stock. Now it is just automatic. People these days.

:mrgreen:

I have thought about getting something that would fit our stock pot.

Oh sure.. with that ANYONE can make stock. Why back in my day, you had to manually remove all those parts from the stock. Now it is just automatic. People these days.

:mrgreen:

I have thought about getting something that would fit our stock pot.

I have one, just never thought of using it that way. I've used it for pasta and steaming. Now I have another use.:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom