Pork Ragu over Fettuccine

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
Put 4 tab. evoo,1 med chopped onion, 1/2 cup fresh parsley and basil 1 tab. fresh sage,1/4 cup mint fresh 1 tab. fresh rosemarly chopped fine 1/2 tea fennel seeds all of this goes into a large sauce pan. Cook stir occasionally over med. heat about 10-15 min. add in the graound pork you will need 1 lb. then add salt and pepper and cook breaking the pork up til it loses the pink color. about 10 min. Add 1/2 cup of red wine simmer 5-8 min. Stir in 1-28 oz can imported Italian tomatoes cook 1-1/2 hrs.til sauce is thick Serve hot over1-lb. fresh or dry fettuccine top with parm also good added are dry or fresh mushrooms.
enjoy
kadesma

Lots of fresh herbs here! I like the idea, but I seriously need to create my small herb garden... And I would use an aged pecorino instead of parmigiano, but I'm a pecorino maniac.

It's so good to come back in the forum and find a beautiful pasta and pork recipe!

Lots of fresh herbs here! I like the idea, but I seriously need to create my small herb garden... And I would use an aged pecorino instead of parmigiano, but I'm a pecorino maniac.

It's so good to come back in the forum and find a beautiful pasta and pork recipe!

luca! mio fratello!

seems like it's old timers day today. welcome back!

do you know of locatelli pecorino romano cheese. it's the best we can get here in the states.

and kads, thanks for another great recipe. pork goes so much better with tomatoes and cheese anyday. much better than beef.

luca! mio fratello!

:LOL: Hi man!

do you know of locatelli pecorino romano cheese. it's the best we can get here in the states.

and kads, thanks for another great recipe. pork goes so much better with tomatoes and cheese anyday. much better than beef.

Don't know about this pecorino, because it is produced by Auricchio, a well-known Italian cheese brand, but it is distributed only in the USA. By the way, Locatelli is one of the historical cheese brands of Italy, but I don't think they are still in business.
However, being made by Auricchio, I believe it to be a very good food!

Ciao brother!

;)

I was trying to think of pecorino and my aged mind wouldn't go there. Thank you. It's so good to see you here. Take care of yourself and come post often we all jus love you.
kades

Thanks, Ma! This sounds great!

luca! mio fratello!

That sounds lovely Kades :)
BT. Snip, My PFThank you my friends. So glad you like the recipe. hugs,
ma/kades

Sounds so good and kind of reminds me of my Cottontail Conchigliette (Rabbit Ragu over Shell Pasta).
Sounds so tasty for a nice chilly day like today!

Sounds so good and kind of reminds me of my Cottontail Conchigliette (Rabbit Ragu over Shell Pasta).
Sounds so tasty for a nice chilly day like today!
Glad you like Jkath. Rabbit is not for me i just cannot eat the easter bunny or Bugs:LOL:
kades

Pork Ragu over Fettuchine

TO KADESMA:

Please explain to this old timer, male, about the statement. Pour over 1lb fresh or dry fettuchine. Does that mean it is not cooked? If not then need explanation.. Sorry I'm dumb but crunchy pasta isn't for me...:)

TO KADESMA:

Please explain to this old timer, male, about the statement. Pour over 1lb fresh or dry fettuchine. Does that mean it is not cooked? If not then need explanation.. Sorry I'm dumb but crunchy pasta isn't for me...:)

homecook, i'm sure kadesma means to pour over cooked pasta. all pasta is made "fresh" or in a soft state, but then to make it last longer it can be dried. both have to be cooked/boiled to eat.

well, except for a specific kind of dry pasta called "no-boil". that cooks by absorbing liquid from surrounding ingredients such as a sauce.

Back
Top Bottom