REC: More Flavorful Pasta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tony_NC

Assistant Cook
Want a more flavorful pasta?

Prepare your favorite pasta sauce, e.g., marinara, meat sauce, etc. Then rather than cooking your pasta seperately add one pint (16 oz) of water for each 8 oz of pasta to your sauce. Boil the sauce and added water for about 5 minutes and then add the pasta to the sauce for the recommended package cooking time.

The pasta will absorb the sauce and be more flavorful. After the first try you can either add or use less water to the sauce for a consistency that you prefer.

To make it even more flavorful instead of water, use stock rather than water, e.g., chicken, beef, clam, fish, vegetable, etc. stock.

Hope you enjoy!:chef:

Tony

Last edited:
Great idea, Tony. That would save time and extra pots to wash, as well as tasting better.
I've also seen recipes for baked pastas (lasagna, for instance) that are made basically the same way, except that the pasta bakes instead of boiling.
I haven't tried this method yet, but since you recommend it, I will give it a try.

Tony, in theory this might be fine. But, I would be reluctant to water/broth/stock down my sauce for the sake of adding flavor.

I appreciate your suggestion but I don't think the pasta will absorb enough flavor to warrant thinning down the sauce. Another issue is leftovers.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom