Rice in all its glory!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Though BT and I are similar, there is a difference. He was born with it. It's a natural talent of his. I cultivate my strangeness. And yes, living here about as far north as I can get, I have more virtual snow with which to make virtual snowballs. In fact, I fired the first shot this year. I think that I missed too. But that's OK. I pack mine loosely so that they break apart in the air, a cluster snowball if you will, with a whole bunch of little snowballs raining down on the target. I don't need to be accurate. And I flavor my virtual snowball with vanilla, sugar, and nutmeg, or sometimes I use fruit syrups, that way, Bucky gets to make snow cones.:LOL:
Wooould you like me to fire a couple in your direction, hmmmmm?

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North
It's a Jersey thang!! We are all born with it!! LOL

It's one of our favorite things to seek out in others.:LOL:
I was in a car accident in Arizona and when the ambulance came the paramedic said "You're from New Jersey aren't you? I said how'd you guess most people think NYC because of the accent. He said it's the jersey humor!! :LOL::ROFLMAO:

Never been to Jersey. But when I was stationed in Millington TN way back in 75, I had a good friend from Jersey. But Sprout never has been to Jersey, nor has her DW, and he is easily as wacky as I am. He even love Red Skelton, just like me.

Seeeeeeya;Goodweed of the North

When I got out the Wild Rice I bought yesterday, I found out I had bought a blend of Lundberg Family:

http://lundberg.elsstore.com/view/product/popup/?id=18806

I'm using it to make MsMofet's Confetti Soup.
That is good stuff!! My mom used to make that rice. I couldn't remember the brand because it was many years ago and mom has passed but as soon as I saw the package I reconized it. She used several blends including one with the black rice in it. I remember I loved the purpleish color it had and the wonderful nutty flavor.

It should make the soup taste fantastic!!

I had beef stock already made, so used that to make the rice. Smells wonderful. There is more than I need just cooking for myself, so I'll make 2 batches of soup.

I'm simmering a chicken thigh in salted water with a chopped onion and about the same amount of chopped celery for the soup stock.

Thanks for that. Several people here have mentioned needing to be gluten free. If you see anything like that, Pop up and say so.

Not having to deal with whether something had gluten, I wouldn't catch that.

I had beef stock already made, so used that to make the rice. Smells wonderful. There is more than I need just cooking for myself, so I'll make 2 batches of soup.

I'm simmering a chicken thigh in salted water with a chopped onion and about the same amount of chopped celery for the soup stock.
BTW Z I cook the raw rice in the chicken stock for the soup than add the rest of the ingredients.

BTW Z I cook the raw rice in the chicken stock for the soup than add the rest of the ingredients.

I had gathered that, but was thinking of regular rice swelling up. It worked out well, though, because I had enough to keep half of the rice mixture for another. It's awesome by itself.

I've got to go fill up my taster cup again. I think I'll just try the little bit of teriyaki in the cup. I'm glad I decided to try the sherry braised pork. I knew that meat would be special. This baggie was the pork from the bottom that had soaked and braised in the sherry.

I have yet to thicken it up. I'm kind of afraid of ruining it, so I'll eat some more and put the rest away for tomorrow. Can you imagine how it will taste then?:chef:

I had gathered that, but was thinking of regular rice swelling up. It worked out well, though, because I had enough to keep half of the rice mixture for another. It's awesome by itself.

I've got to go fill up my taster cup again. I think I'll just try the little bit of teriyaki in the cup. I'm glad I decided to try the sherry braised pork. I knew that meat would be special. This baggie was the pork from the bottom that had soaked and braised in the sherry.

I have yet to thicken it up. I'm kind of afraid of ruining it, so I'll eat some more and put the rest away for tomorrow. Can you imagine how it will taste then?:chef:
My soup doesn't usually last long! LOL

My soup doesn't usually last long! LOL

This one may not make the freezer. It's really good. It's funny, but I started this thread after locating the rice blend, only I thought it was a full bag of just wild rice. Since I got two batches of rice for 1 cup of mix, I'll get a total of 8 dinners I can get out of this package. I thought it was expensive at $3.47, but I'd already decided to buy the same thing online at twice the price.

It was your recipe that started this whole thing. I loved the way the recipe just took of in a whole 'nother direction. I'm beginning to think that I'll never be able to make it the way you did it.:LOL:

This one may not make the freezer. It's really good. It's funny, but I started this thread after locating the rice blend, only I thought it was a full bag of just wild rice. Since I got two batches of rice for 1 cup of mix, I'll get a total of 8 dinners I can get out of this package. I thought it was expensive at $3.47, but I'd already decided to buy the same thing online at twice the price.

It was your recipe that started this whole thing. I loved the way the recipe just took of in a whole 'nother direction. I'm beginning to think that I'll never be able to make it the way you did it.:LOL:
:LOL: Oh well!! Just enjoy what you make!

Back
Top Bottom