Rice in all its glory!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Chinese Shepherds Pie (lo mai gai) make your sticky rice and let it cool.
Use the left overs from a Chinese meal, the best mix is duck, char sui pork, shrimp,mushroom and add some chunks of Chinese sausage if you can buy them, mix with a little oyster sauce, wrap the mix in the sticky rice to form a pillow shape, wrap in a lotus leaf and steam for 30 mins.

I just made my first pot of Jasmine rice. The aroma is heady. I can see how it would make a lovely rice pudding.

How do you like to use Jasmine rice?

I just made my first pot of Jasmine rice. The aroma is heady. I can see how it would make a lovely rice pudding.

How do you like to use Jasmine rice?
I use it as is on the plate with stir fry or I make it into fried rice also in a a pilaf (rice/roni).

Heres the Homemade fried rice (jasmine rice, carrots, onions, soy sauce - fried in peanut oil, pre-cooked scrambled egg added and then garnished with sliced green onions & sometimes sesame seeds).

img_994506_0_041b018c274d64adb163ba65a0f4971b.jpg

I wonder how fried rice would taste using a wild rice blend? Has anyone tried it yet?:chef:

I did get and make some Jasmine rice. It does smell wonderful, but it's pretty delicate in flavor to eat with anything more than butter. A bowlful makes a nice rib sticking breakfast.

It's very good...adds another dimension to the taste.

I like the Jasmine rice with lemon and butter.

I use leftover wildrice (2/3 wild, 1/3 brown) for fried rice all the time. And, I prefer the "wild" wildrice when I can get it. The cultivated rice doesn't taste the same (at least not to me) and doesn't "pop."

I think it will be outstanding. I have more of the Lundberg Wild & Brown rice blend, and I'm thinking of adding some chow mein noodles at the end for a little crunch.

One of the wild rice hotdish--oops, caserole dishes that I grew up eating had chow mein noodles as a topping (see the Hamburger Caserole thread for an explanation about hotdish vs. caserole).

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom