Risotto for 2 or 3?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vermin8

Cook
Most risotto recipes are for 6-8. If I want to make less servings at a time anything I should consider past halving (or thirding) all the ingredients?
EG, use a smaller pan but if you half the recipe, you should half the surface area of the pan (don't half the diameter - I did the math on this and if you use a 10" pan for a full recipe, if you half it, 7" pan will have half the surface area so use something close to that).
Anything else I should consider?

Most risotto recipes are for 6-8. If I want to make less servings at a time anything I should consider past halving (or thirding) all the ingredients?
EG, use a smaller pan but if you half the recipe, you should half the surface area of the pan (don't half the diameter - I did the math on this and if you use a 10" pan for a full recipe, if you half it, 7" pan will have half the surface area so use something close to that).
Anything else I should consider?

Your thoughts sound right on. No reason you can't make less using a smaller pan. I have also found leftover risotto is passable reheated the next day.

I don't like reheated risotto. But you can wad a piece of mozzy in some of yesterday's rosotto, form it into a patty and pan fry it. Your arteries won't thank you, but your taste buds will =)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom