Saffron rice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mel!

Sous Chef
When u make safron rice, do u put anything, besides safron, in it?

Mel

I would definitley us a little sat too. But technically set by just adding saffron to it. What are you using it for. As a side dish with what and then build from there. Diced red peppers would give a nice color and green onions added at the very end of cooking would go well too.

Mel I also finally got back to answering your post about special bread making machine. Sorry for the delay.

JDP

I usually use chicken stock instead of water and basmati rice. You could also add fresh herbs at the end.

Thanks JDP and Sararwelch, for the ideas.

No problem, about the delay JDP. I am in no hurry. The bread is not for Christmas. Just reasearching, for my future breadmaking.

Mel

Look on foodtv for ideas and on Emeril's Christmas show in particular. He had a gorgeous saffron rice dish.

Hello Candocook

I dont have a TV. I have to rely on internet and books, for my information.
I have never even seen Ermil in action.

Mel

Mel, if you just want a simple saffron rice to go with some veggie dishes, just add 3 cardamoms, 2 cloves, 3 peppercorns, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp saffron and some ghee to 1 cup of basmati rice.

For a tasty and spicy dish, include chopped onion, garlic, ginger, chilli powder, cumin seeds, chopped tomatoes, dried apricots, red pepper, frozen peas and mixed nuts besides adding saffron to the rice.

Thanks very much boufa.
That sounds delicious. I did not see your post, on time for Christmas(i have to share the computer, so cant check for replies, as often as i want), but it wont be the first time i make safron rice. I will add your ideas, next time.

Mel

Thanks candocook.

I will certainly look at that link.
How did we ever manage, without the internet, to give us instant information?

Mel

Back
Top Bottom