TNT Lemon Pasta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
Cook 1/2 lb. of fresh egg pasta,fettuccine is nice also a linguine. While waiting for the pasta water to boil melt 2 Tab. butter in a saucepan. Stir in the zest of 4 lemons.Add 1 cup of heacy cream and bring to a boil.Remove from heat and add about 1 oz of grated parmigiano stir to melt the cheese. Season with salt and pepper now add lemon juice to taste When pasta is cooked drain return to pot and toss with sauce. Serve Immediately. This sauce is wonderful warm over chicken or fish even heaven forbid rabbit:rolleyes: You can dress up the pasta with some basil or dill which i love so enjoy
kadesma

Oh my. This sounds delicious! I had a pound of ground beef out for dinner, but I'm rethinking my options now!
Glad you like it Alix. How's about adding some lemon zest and shallot,garlic and make tny meat balls then just baste them with lemon butter? Let me know what you decide.
kades

I was thinking a bit of diced turkey breast topped with green onion and maybe an avocado tomato salad on the side.

I was thinking a bit of diced turkey breast topped with green onion and maybe an avocado tomato salad on the side.
Sounds yummy Alix.
kades

Last edited:
Oh that sounds very good, Ma! Scribbling it down for the weekend and if I can find some yellow lemons. Last week they were all green.

We added in sautéed broccoli and chicken and it was fabulous! My girls declared it a huge hit and its now in our repertoire. Thanks kadesma.

We added in sautéed broccoli and chicken and it was fabulous! My girls declared it a huge hit and its now in our repertoire. Thanks kadesma.
Glad to hear this Alix, It gives me another recipe idea to use. Thank you and those pretty girls of yours.
kades:)

Silly girl! Those were limes, not lemons. :ohmy:

:LOL:

They were lemons...just got picked too soon. I tried them once and they are the bitterest thing ever! I won't even pick them if they have a greenish cast to them, they have to be pure lemon yellow.

When I got the two last year, I only used one (and ruined a salmon filet), I tried ripening the other. It never ripened, I tried all the tricks, but it just got soft and died.

Dawgluver said:
Can you do the apple/banana paper bag thing?

Nope, I just looked it up. Once picked, that's it. No further ripening.

Last edited:
You guys are too fast! Yes, nothing can ripen an already picked citrus!

Bummer.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom