Tomato sauces

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Okay. I must try them now. I know I pay over $3.00 a lb for non organic. I bet the organic ones are pricey?...:LOL:
Yeah, they are usually about twice as much as the not-organic ones. But, I find the not-organic ones in winter to be so tasteless that they are a complete waste of money. I don't buy a lot of fresh, organic tomatoes in winter. ;)

Yes guys. I agree with you. I think that the fresh tomatoes are the best. But if they are bad, without flavor and color or too expensive, it's better buy canned tomatoes. I also use these. But depends because I live in Sardinia, then here there are always a very good tomatoes. Sometimes they are only too expensive.

Today I want give another tomato sauce recipe: tomato's sauce with aubergine.
For this recipe you need:
- one bottle of canned tomatoes;
- a aubergine
- one garlic clove
- some basil leaf
- salt.

First, let's wash the aubergine and cut it in more cubes (if you like better you can cut it in little strips).
Then, take a pan and put in the olive oil. Add the cutted aubergine and fry it .
When are ready, you can cook the tomato sauce as I already wrote here.
After, add the aubergine and cooked for few minutes (about 5 minutes).
This is the sauce that I cook more in the spring.

But I would if someone has already tasted my sauces's recipes

The worst tomato in our garden is better than the best one at the store. Always, no matter the time of year.
No matter the type, if we care for them and allow them to ripen on the vine, they are all good all alone by themselves.

Now come late spring and summer, we can get great tomato's at the stands on every corner.

Back
Top Bottom