"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Pasta, Rice, Beans, Grains...
Click Here to Login

Old 03-14-2022, 03:04 PM   #21
Chef Extraordinaire

My hands down choice would be German/Mexican fusion.

Old 03-14-2022, 04:10 PM   #22
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
I'm really not a fan of most bean dishes. Green beans and was wax beans are good, but I prefer them on their own. I have only once enjoyed baked beans. A friend made it. It was beans from her garden that had not been dried and she substituted bear for pork. There was also very little sugar or other sweetener. I really enjoy Greek style, marinated fava beans. That's about it.
Since I wrote that, two and a half years ago, I have started enjoying soup with beans, Italian sausage, and greens.

They still aren't a favourite, but I do like them added to other stuff, as long as they don't overwhelm the other food.
Old 04-03-2022, 02:59 AM   #23
Head Chef

Refried beans, hands down. I could eat the every day and not get tired of them. Which reminds me I have a question about them I want to ask in a new thread...

------------------------
I cook because my pots and pans are the closest thing to a chemistry experiment that I have. So far I haven't blown up the kitchen!
rodentraiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2022, 01:56 PM   #24
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roll_Bones View Post
Great Northern. White beans. I make Italian bean soup with them. I did not like them growing up but love the bean soup today.
Care to post the recipe? Please. My wife likes bean soup, I've been promising her to make one.

Personally I hate beans.
Old 04-05-2022, 11:49 PM   #25
Chef Extraordinaire

I have one more favorite bean dish. It's my mother's version of Sicilian braciola di maiale con fagioli al uccelletto or pork chops and beans. It's much simpler than Nick Stellino's recipe and doesn't take very long to prepare.

In two Tablespoons of light tasting olive oil, season four thick cut boneless pork chops generously with salt & pepper, then sauté them over medium heat in a deep non-stick skillet until lightly browned on each side. DO NOT OVERCOOK! Three minutes a side should do it.

Remove pork chops from skillet, drain off oil, replace chops and add one large can of Campbell's pork and beans and one can of water. Simmer over medium low heat until the liquid thickens to a sauce-like consistency. You can use a different brand of canned beans, but no one matches the flavor of the sauce in Campbell's beans, which is enhanced by braising the pork chops in it.

My mother always said, "You will never get a dry pork chop when you cook them like this."

Tags
other