What is your favorite pasta brand?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I know this sounds silly but the thought of making pasta from scratch is intimidating.

I have no idea why. :rolleyes:

I have the same fear of a pastry bag. And I would love to overcome it so I can decorate a cake.

Give it a try. If you have ever made bread, then you will know by the feel of the dough when it is just right. All it is, is flour and water. What have you got to lose? Just some time and a little amount of ingredients. Start small with just a cup of flour. Pasta dough is one of those recipes that you don't have to follow exactly.

I saw Sara Moulton yesterday working with bread dough. And her secret is to spread a small amount of oil on the counter instead of flour. The oil keeps the dough from sticking to your hands and the counter top. I would think the same secret could work for pasta dough. Just use an oil that you would want to flavor the dough. Give it a try. Report back. :)

I have the same fear of a pastry bag. And I would love to overcome it so I can decorate a cake.

Give it a try. If you have ever made bread, then you will know by the feel of the dough when it is just right. All it is, is flour and water. What have you got to lose? Just some time and a little amount of ingredients. Start small with just a cup of flour. Pasta dough is one of those recipes that you don't have to follow exactly.

I saw Sara Moulton yesterday working with bread dough. And her secret is to spread a small amount of oil on the counter instead of flour. The oil keeps the dough from sticking to your hands and the counter top. I would think the same secret could work for pasta dough. Just use an oil that you would want to flavor the dough. Give it a try. Report back. :)

Thanks, Addie! I just bumped that project to the top of the list and I appreciate the advice. :chef:

Some time I'll tell you about my home made, garden grown pasta sauce experience that ended in complete disaster. :wacko:

Dreamfields. Healthy and delicious. However nothing beats home made. Just can seem to find the time anymore but still make home made pasta sauce from our garden every year. We make enough to get us through to the next harvest! Yum, I am getting a craving...

Good Evening,

I believe this is a duplicate thread since I had joined December 2011, right before Christmas or New Year´s ... However, we have so many new people lately.

However, I am pleased to see that many of you also use Barilla too ...

It is one of the oldest producers of dry pastas in Italia. It never fails me ...

Have a nice Sunday.
Margi.

Last edited:
I've always liked Barilla because you can't screw it up. You could boil that stuff for two hours and it would still come out Al Dente.

Prince Macaroni Products. But if it is on sale, Barilla. Prince is made in the western part of the state. My local grocery store carries a very large selection of it and it is quite often on sale. For a long time it was the only pasta maker that made Casserole Elbows. Now it can be found in the house brand. But I still prefer the Prince. :yum:

Back
Top Bottom