What is your favorite pasta brand?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Has anyone tried the low carb pastas? How do they compare?

SO and I have been using Dreamfields for a while and find it to be a good substitute. I'm not a connoisseur, but I don't detect a difference. We've used mostly spaghetti along with some penne rigate and elbows.

I think Dreamfields and Ronzoni Healthy Harvest are good. I prefer them over whole wheat pasta. It sounds funny but my biggest gripe is the lack of interesting shapes. I buy them when they are on sale or I have a double coupon.

mofet, i'm prety sure i've bought bionaturae in the lodi shop rite, and the a&ps in saddle brook and rochelle park. largely italian-american towns, of course.

Barilla, De Cecco, Voiello, but I'm Italian so I'm always trying different brands, since we have hundreds of them, from big corporations to small local businesses.
Furthermore we have endless pasta shapes, and not all of the producers make them all, so sometimes you cannot buy your favorite brand if you're looking for a specific pasta type.

mofet, i'm prety sure i've bought bionaturae in the lodi shop rite, and the a&ps in saddle brook and rochelle park. largely italian-american towns, of course.
The new shop-rite on main st in lodi? I don't usually shop at that one.

I also like this brand. The spinach tagliatelle is wonderful. I usually get it at the farm I go to.

img_1100216_0_81a2d7e7146ebc890c21eac0c2173309.jpg

Colavita: Olive oil, Pastas & vinegars, risotto rices etc.

Buckytom.

Good Morning. Colavita is a large multi national and thus, they are most famous for their exported olive oil, however, they produce Pastas, rice for risotto and vinegars too ... and numerous types of canned goods too.

margi.

Barilla, De Cecco, Voiello, but I'm Italian so I'm always trying different brands, since we have hundreds of them, from big corporations to small local businesses.
Furthermore we have endless pasta shapes, and not all of the producers make them all, so sometimes you cannot buy your favorite brand if you're looking for a specific pasta type.

I happily try any Italian brand of whole grain, organic pasta. I have tried a number of whole grain pastas and the only good ones are Italian. How hard can it be to make good whole grain pasta if I can do it at home?

I happily try any Italian brand of whole grain, organic pasta. I have tried a number of whole grain pastas and the only good ones are Italian. How hard can it be to make good whole grain pasta if I can do it at home?

It all has to be do with the type of flour. :(

My first choice is DeLallo. They make good organic pasta. The down side is that I have to order it online.

Barilla and De Cecco are my second choices. Both are widely available.

I don't make pasta near as much as I used to. For me, pasta is usually a quick throw together meal. I prefer it not to be an all-day kind of undertaking.

Having said that, we're going over to a friend's house this weekend to make (and freeze) homemade ravioli with several different fillings.

Last edited:
I use the small won ton skins to make raviolis. I used to make my own pasta. Sometimes my daughter will ask me to make up a bunch for her freezer. Then I make the pasta. But for just myself, I make up about a dozen using the won ton skins. For my daughter I have a one ounce ice cream scoop and a ravioli making tray. It goes pretty fast. I then lay them out singularly on a cookie tray, freeze them and place in a zip lock baggie. For the cheese filling, I use a recipe that I got from watching an old Nonni when I was a kid. For the meat ones, I use a meatball recipe.

For the cheese ones, it consists of a handful of this, some of that, a good shake of those, etc. I went to school with her granddaughter Rosa and I often wonder if she makes them the same way. :chef:

Buckytom.

Good Morning. Colavita is a large multi national and thus, they are most famous for their exported olive oil, however, they produce Pastas, rice for risotto and vinegars too ... and numerous types of canned goods too.

margi.

thanks margi.
is it decent italian, as far as dried pasta goes?

i'm reticant to ask since you're a well travelled writer, and, you know, all of this is just opinion. from the bayou folks of a swamp to the best tailored folks in any city. all are equal here in the states.

but in getting to know you and our apparent simpatico tastes, whaddyathink?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom