What is your favorite pasta brand?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Claire

Master Chef
I've been a Barilla fan for years, mostly because it reheats without turning to mush. But for elbows I prefer Creamettes, and I recently bought DaVinci linguini which I liked better than Barilla. Of course my favorite is when my husband makes fetuccini from scratch, and I refuse to buy any fetucchini (how do you spell that, anyway) just to force him to make it for me a few times a year!

Barrilla, TJ's and an imported Italian brand (I don't remember name) I get at the farm. I also get Ronzoni sometimes.

We had been buying Barilla too. Then SO wanted low carb pasta so we now use Dreamfields for the most part. It's fine.

In Italian, a 'c' followed by an 'i' is pronounced as a 'ch'. Think DaVinci.

My favorite is what I make in my own kitchen. Would that be "Choppers?" when I buy pasta I usually get Barilla pasta. I prefer multi grain or whole wheat pasta.

I like Del Verde when I am not pinching my pennies. I also like Barilla because it reheats better than most other pasta. Most of the time though I am pinching my pennies and use AnnA by Cento foods it is imported and often on sale in my area for 99 cents a pound.

Barilla, Gia Russo (excellent whole wheat pasta), Creamettes when available (Durham semolina pasta of excellent quality...Minnesota and North Dakota product I believe)

make my own paparadelle (can't spell it, though) :)

ronzoni for everyday pasta, dececco or delle verde when i go to my local italian deli and remember to buy it.

i also will buy artisnal pasta for things like squid ink, orrechiete, or gnocchi. there's a place across town that makes excellent artisnal pastas and bread called "vitamias".

it's a tiny place in a crappy section of town that gained a lot of fame when it was mentioned on "the sopranos". thankfully the uproar has died down since and it's back to normal. www.vitamias.com

We had been buying Barilla too. Then SO wanted low carb pasta so we now use Dreamfields for the most part. It's fine.

In Italian, a 'c' followed by an 'i' is pronounced as a 'ch'. Think DaVinci.

I've been buying Barilla for a few years and like it a lot for the same reasons that others have already mentioned. Andy, I have seen Dreamfields. Can you tell me how it compares to Barilla?

Has anyone tried the pasta made from Jerusalem artichoke flour? I'd like to find low carb pasta that is yummy!

Back
Top Bottom