Ziti, asparagus,prociutto

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
We have this off and on all year round.
Ziti
6-8 spears asparagus, thin as possible
1-C. heavy cream
1-oz. prosciutto, sliced in strips
2 Tab. parmesan, grated
salt and white pepper to taste
1-lb. ziti
Blanch asparagus, then put in ice water to stop the cooking
Cut on diagonal into 1/2 inch pieces..About a 1/2 cup full
Over med heat, reduce cream til thick. Add prosciutto, salt and white pepper, and asparagus. Cook the ziti to your idea of firmness. When ready to serve, toss pasta with sauce and serve...I like this with lamb, the kids like anykind of meat..tossed salad or even pears with arugula...
ENJOY
kadesma:)

Kadesma, that sounds delicious. I wonder how it would be to substitute my reduced fat white sauce for the cream...I make it with 2 tbls real butter (may as well, margarine's bad for you too), 2 tbls flour, and 2 cups skim milk.

Constance said:
Kadesma, that sounds delicious. I wonder how it would be to substitute my reduced fat white sauce for the cream...I make it with 2 tbls real butter (may as well, margarine's bad for you too), 2 tbls flour, and 2 cups skim milk.
Constance, I can't see that it would hurt the recipe, I think it would be just fine..I'd just make the sauce to coat pasta instead of gravy like and it will be fine.
kadesma:)

sounds good to me! nice, crisp asparagus, salty proscuitto, cheese, cream, and pasta. can't go wrong with that!:-p

Thanks luvs:)

I sometimes put more procuitto over the top..Think I like that stuff?:LOL:
kadesma

Back
Top Bottom