ANTICUCHOS - Mexican

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tastesgreat

Washing Up
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot] ANTICUCHOS[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] 1 large Sirloin Steak[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] 2 large Garlic Cloves[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] 4 To 6 Medium Jalapeno Peppers[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] 1 cup Red Wine Vinegar[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] 1 1/2 cups Water[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] 2 teaspoons Salt[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] 1/2 teaspoon Pepper[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] 1 teaspoon Oregano[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] 1 teaspoon Cumin[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] 1 teaspoon Ground Red Chile[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]In a blender or food processor, grind the jalapenos and peeled garlic to a pulp. Add all the other ingredients, except the meat, and blend well. Cut the meat into 1-inch cubes and place in a large bowl, and cover with the marinade. Marinate overnight or all day. Place the meat on skewers and cook on the grill over mesquite wood, basting frequently with the sauce. Serve with warm flour tortillas and plenty of Mexican beer with lime slices.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

I second that, BigDaddy! ....sounds soo dlish. What do you do with the warm tortillas, Tastesgreat? Do you put the steak in them and roll them up like a burrito? Think I'll substitute a Tequila Sunrise for the beer.

With Mexican food, you can do whatever you wish with the tortillas. I've seen some folks use them in place of silverware as a means to get the food from plate to mouth. Others use as do it yourself burritos and tacos. Whatever you are comfortable with!! Man, I miss Mexico. I need to get me another job that lets me travel!!

I've tried this recipe before and it tastes like crap without the beer... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Gonna try it with chicken tomorrow for quesadillas, can;t wait t sounds fabulous, thank you for sharing... :chef::chef:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom