Böf Lindström

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

taxlady

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
Bøf Lindstrøm (alt spelling: böf Lindström)

half a pound of ground beef
2 egg yolks or 1 egg
200 grams of onions, chopped (~2 onions)
2 tblsps capers
4 Tblsps finely chopped pickled beets or cooked beets and add 1 tsp nice vinegar
salt & pepper to taste
butter for frying

Chop the onions finely or fry them until they are soft and clear
Mix everything except the butter. Stir until stiff or at least somewhat stiff
Shape into 5 fat patties
Heat the butter on a fry pan until a bit brown
Fry the patties for a few minutes on each side, longer if you want them more done

Traditionally served with a sauce and potatoes

Boil about 2 lbs of potatoes, reserve the potato water, let the potatoes cool a bit and dry. Slice the potatoes and fry in butter.

The sauce:

Deglaze the pan on which the meat was fried with ~2 cups of potato water. Add 3-4 tblsps of cream (whipping cream is best). Season with salt and pepper. In Denmark they add a brown colouring agent called "Kulør". I don't find it necessary.

This sounds interesting and a nice variation on an old favorite of mine, hamburgers in hamburger gravy.
This part, "and add 1 tsp nice vinegar"... did you mean "rice" vinegar?

Wait, I think I've got it now. The vinegar is just to quick-pickle the beets if you don't have pickled beets. Probably any vinegar will do, as it's only 1 tsp. I should probably get my coffee going this morning.

Wait, I think I've got it now. The vinegar is just to quick-pickle the beets if you don't have pickled beets. Probably any vinegar will do, as it's only 1 tsp. I should probably get my coffee going this morning.
Bingo! Give the man a cigar. I don't even think that the vinegar is important.

The term "nice" always throws me. That's why I thought it auto corrected or you meant to type rice.

As in, Tonight we had a nice salad for dinner and served it with a nice white wine... I sure the heck hope it's "nice", you are the one that made or bought it :LOL:
I've got half a dozen or so bottles of vinegar on the shelf. In my opinion they are all nice :chef:

I meant, preferably anything nicer than white vinegar, but I don't like white vinegar and I didn't want to sound too bossy, so I wrote "nice". ;)

Last edited:
I meant, preferably anything nicer than white vinegar, but I don't like white vinegar and I didn't want to sound too bossy, so I wrote "nice". ;)

Would the word "flavored" do in the place of nice? Or how about 'developed"? 'Aged' maybe? :angel:

Back
Top Bottom