Beans, tortilla chips, sour cream and cheese - how does this recipe go?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

seans_potato_business

Senior Cook
I received some tortilla chips and some kind of salsa sauce and was reminded of something I once, but not any more, had a recipe for, that involved layers along the lines of beans of some sort, skinned tomatoes (e.g. tinned), tortilla chips, maybe sour cream and then grated cheese... I'm not sure if I have the order of the layers correct. Could someone suggest something? It went into the oven and when it came out, the tortillas had absorbed moisture and melded together into a big yummy thing. Where would you put the sour cream? I would also like to make use of the salsa sauce.

Yeah, nachos.

Just put a layer of chips on a plate. Then some beans and or taco seasoned meat.
Then pile on some salsa, and onions, and pepper slices if you have them and black olives
and tomatoes, cover it all with generous grated cheese.. cheddar and whatever!
Pop it in the oven or microwave till the cheese is melted.
Top with a big dollop of sour cream and hot sauce.

The Whole Foods Cookbook has a great recipe. It gets built in a springform pan--layers of tortillas, black beans, pintos, sliced black olives, cheese, salsa. It's easy to make, easy to bake, then bust out of the pan and serve. Sour cream served with it for people to slather on at will, with perhaps some chopped green on top for some green and crunch. Leftovers freeze great, too, because this makes enough to serve four people, with hearty leftovers. Ymmm. I'm going to make this again soon!

Back
Top Bottom