Bento Boxes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LP, it sounds corny, but it’s true: your lunch box should speak to you. They’re sort of designed as a “system.” Best way to look at them is: considering the type of lunches/dinners you like to cook every day, can you picture that table spread within the lunch box, does it match your style/system? Some other considerations:

1. Insulated? Not necessarily, if your usual lunch venue has frig & microwave.
2. Liquids, like soups, require a container with rubber/silicone seal lid.
3. All containers should be designed with good sealing lids. Box-in-box design is almost always a good choice.
4. Arguably, Korea makes the best lunch box products.
5. Be prepared for envious stares from other lunch people gagging on their soggy tuna fish sandwich.
6. Create/plate treats to teach your puppy new tricks.

Come on, Spork. If it is adorable and catches your heart, you know none of that matters! I mean....I found a lunch box once with School House Rock on it. I've carried it....well, I still carry it sometimes. :ROFLMAO:

Thanks, everyone! I didn't know there was so much to think about in buying a lunch box! :rolleyes:

I have to put this on my ever-growing project list! And it is not just one anymore, Kathleen! DH has said yes, he would go for one as well. Of course with him there are other criteria such as larger size and insulation, but I have seen these can be taken care of as well.

Spork, I think your Rolling Stones sticker will be just fine.... but you need to find a red box and paint it black first :ermm: :ROFLMAO:

Multiple decals are a great idea! Spork, to get you started, I saw this picture!

The ice cream cone would be my addition to the Rolling Stones decal! :LOL:

SNF30BIZFX1-380_814915a.jpg

No, that's an image from a website, but I want to buy a couple. The back of my car says, "Archie" and "Gone Walkabout."

Awesome, PF.

Tomorrow's bento will be stewed tomatoes and macaroni, blueberries, sauteed string beans, two hard-cooked eggs, and cornbread.

Mmmm.

Awesome, PF.

Tomorrow's bento will be stewed tomatoes and macaroni, blueberries, sauteed string beans, two hard-cooked eggs, and cornbread.

Mmmm.

I have teriyaki Salmon burgers with wild rice blend and pickled tomatoes and spinach.

I found a Milky Way Caramel bar, I froze it and cut it in half for 2 desserts.

Though I would rather have candy, I'll take a peach for a snack.

I do so love chocolate. :rolleyes:
Take your peach and make a little bit of chocolate ganache. Melt some chocolate chips in hot milk or cream until smooth. If you keep it out of the refrigerator it will be a good consistency to dip your fruit in it! Fairly healthy and tasty too!:)

I’m packin’ peaches, too! :)

img_1016973_0_6bca565250688b23cfe8da791d37213c.jpg

Soup is potato & celery potage. My dry chicken curry fried rice. Peaches, a couple apricots, slice of smoked gouda, and vanilla greek yogurt. Hint of lime tostitos chips with bottle of Sadie’s of New Mexico salsa. Fruit punch gatorade from powder in my thermos. My spork. I always forget to pack a napkin, so I’m thinking of visiting a party supply store for some thematic napkins, maybe Star Wars or something else I’m less likely to forget.

Stone fruits are in season, but the peaches were from can in syrup and the apricots are dried (Everything fresh I picked at a nearby farm about a month ago, I’ve eaten.) New Zealand’s winter harvest of apples finally arrived at my grocery last week. Yay! Now, if I could just figure out how to prevent slices of them from oxidizing in my lunch box...

Note to self: pack stuff to trade PrincessFiona for caramel bar.

Well, my lunch is sadly not in a Bento Box....yet. But I am starting to prepare. I have a salad of spinach, fine shaved beef, sprouts, egg, mushrooms and avocado with a Thai dressing. A Peruvian mandarin orange (very sweet and juicy), apple, Greek yoghurt (strawberry I think) and I will get some tea from the Dining Room at Dad's - they are so good there, always offering me something.

I’m packin’ peaches, too! :)

img_1017029_0_6bca565250688b23cfe8da791d37213c.jpg

Soup is potato & celery potage. My dry chicken curry fried rice. Peaches, a couple apricots, slice of smoked gouda, and vanilla greek yogurt. Hint of lime tostitos chips with bottle of Sadie’s of New Mexico salsa. Fruit punch gatorade from powder in my thermos. My spork. I always forget to pack a napkin, so I’m thinking of visiting a party supply store for some thematic napkins, maybe Star Wars or something else I’m less likely to forget.

Stone fruits are in season, but the peaches were from can in syrup and the apricots are dried (Everything fresh I picked at a nearby farm about a month ago, I’ve eaten.) New Zealand’s winter harvest of apples finally arrived at my grocery last week. Yay! Now, if I could just figure out how to prevent slices of them from oxidizing in my lunch box...

Note to self: pack stuff to trade PrincessFiona for caramel bar.

That looks wonderful!!! As for the Caramel Bar...I better go buy another to share...

Well, my lunch is sadly not in a Bento Box....yet. But I am starting to prepare. I have a salad of spinach, fine shaved beef, sprouts, egg, mushrooms and avocado with a Thai dressing. A Peruvian mandarin orange (very sweet and juicy), apple, Greek yoghurt (strawberry I think) and I will get some tea from the Dining Room at Dad's - they are so good there, always offering me something.

Sounds beautiful! Yum!!!

LP, the ganache sounds fantastic! I will have to try it!!!! Also, you do not need a Bento box to join the Bento movement! It sounds like you are doing it right already with your lunch. :)

Spork, I love soups. Yours looks great. It all looks great, but I'm a soup-kinda girl. :rolleyes:

PF, you mean to share that chocolate and caramel with MEEEE, rightttt??? ;)

Back
Top Bottom