Bento Boxes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I even used whole wheat pasta! Ground Turkey in the sauce. Do they make a low sodium Parmesan?:ROFLMAO:

That might be useful... for me...

I have me eye on some stuff at King Aurthur.. and I know you love them so it should be ok. :LOL:

I filled it with pasta and sauce, tomato wedges, parmesan and a Dark Chocolate Dove heart! I'm also taking along a banana and 2 clementines.

28716-albums312-picture2557.jpg

Those silicon cups are brilliant! Are they cupcake sized?

You use one of these?
spork.jpg

My spork!!!

I was shopping at Thinkgeek again last night. Picked up a can of Unicorn Meat and a spare brain.

That is where I got mine! I have geekpoints to spend. :LOL: I want your hello kitty Bento though!

My Bento today had grapes, carrots, some Greek yogurt with dried pomegranate seeds, a chocolate sugarfree pudding, and some rice and smoked trout. It was pretty tasty!

Here is tomorrow's Bento: Strawberries, macaroni with roasted cherry tomatoes and basil, baby carrots, goat cheese and some left over lamb filling that once went into eggplant.

When I received my items from All Things For Sale, they sent me this little box as a "gift." I've been using it for breakfast. Sometimes yogurt in the bottom part, or fruit. In the top part, I have been placing an English muffin with something on it. (Egg white omelet, cream cheese with dried tomato, etc.)

I purchased some o the small silicon cupcake cups. They are awesome...but tiny. I need some regular sized cups....maybe when I can no longer live without a Hello Kitty Bento!

Attachments

• Bento6.jpg
    Bento6.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 187
Darn you Fiona.. Your thread is causing my bank account to slowly empty.. I've received my rice cooker, 2 bento cookbooks and my zojirushi mr bento is on it's way now...

-Damien

Darn you Fiona.. Your thread is causing my bank account to slowly empty.. I've received my rice cooker, 2 bento cookbooks and my zojirushi mr bento is on it's way now...

-Damien

I cannot wait to hear what you plan to make!

Which two cookbooks did you get? I got the Just Bento Cookbook. I also got the Easy Japanese Cooking: Bento Love Cookbook. Both have some great ideas.

Just bento cookbook and another from amazon I cannot recall offhand.. (at work tonight) I'm afraid nothing I make will be anywhere near a masterpiece like the others posted.. Can't wait to start making them though..

-Damien

Those silicon cups are brilliant! Are they cupcake sized?

The green one is square and cupcake size, the yellow one is a mini cupcake size and the other little one is shaped like a Sakura (Cherry Blossom). I got all of them at Amazon, cheaper than some of the silicone items specifically for Bento. The author of Just Bento uses them and gave me the idea. I did get some regular cupcake size and shape, also! :chef:

My spork!!!

That is where I got mine! I have geekpoints to spend. :LOL: I want your hello kitty Bento though!

My Bento today had grapes, carrots, some Greek yogurt with dried pomegranate seeds, a chocolate sugarfree pudding, and some rice and smoked trout. It was pretty tasty!

Here is tomorrow's Bento: Strawberries, macaroni with roasted cherry tomatoes and basil, baby carrots, goat cheese and some left over lamb filling that once went into eggplant.

When I received my items from All Things For Sale, they sent me this little box as a "gift." I've been using it for breakfast. Sometimes yogurt in the bottom part, or fruit. In the top part, I have been placing an English muffin with something on it. (Egg white omelet, cream cheese with dried tomato, etc.)

I purchased some o the small silicon cupcake cups. They are awesome...but tiny. I need some regular sized cups....maybe when I can no longer live without a Hello Kitty Bento!

I knew you would want the Hello Kitty! They had two of them, but the spoon and fork were missing from the second and they wouldn't sell it to me cheaper. I WAS thinking about you when I was looking...:)

Now I have to go back to All Things For Sale! I think I must have that little bento or one similar!:angel:

-Damien

I know the feeling...at least I had Shrek to buy my rice cooker for me. I have Just Bento and that's it for books, but I have lots of ideas from the Sushi thread, too. It was my search for Sushi that got me roped into Bento.

Love these, used to eat them alot when I lived in Australia, but alas is much harder to find in England.

Just bento cookbook and another from amazon I cannot recall offhand.. (at work tonight) I'm afraid nothing I make will be anywhere near a masterpiece like the others posted.. Can't wait to start making them though..

-Damien

I bought the cookbooks because I really thought I would struggle to come up with ideas. I struggled simply planning a regular lunch and often ended up with a lean cuisine or other frozen entree. I generally start with a protein or starch and build my Bento around it. Last night, we had leftover lamb filler from dinner. I made a bit of pasta to go with it. It seemed a bit bland so I added some roasted tomatoes. I try to take a fruit, so there were strawberries. Veggies are also wanted, so tossed in a few baby carrots. Spotted some goat cheese and put a pat of it with the carrots.

The cookbooks have been great. However, I have not worked my way up to them yet. Striving to add color and variety around whatever starch or protein I have on hand has worked well for me so far. :)

I knew you would want the Hello Kitty! They had two of them, but the spoon and fork were missing from the second and they wouldn't sell it to me cheaper. I WAS thinking about you when I was looking...:)

Now I have to go back to All Things For Sale! I think I must have that little bento or one similar!:angel:

The little bento comes in a bright cherry red too! I've been making breakfast sandwiches on whole grain English muffins. Egg white omelets, cream cheese with roasted tomatoes, PB&J. All have been great and they fit in the little top part (which is designed to hold two rice balls.) The lower section holds enough space for a nice bit of yogurt, a cup of blue berries, even a serving of sauteed mushrooms. Plus, it is cute. :)

The Hello Kitty Bento is just awesome. When I went to Amazon to seek one, they did not have them as cute as yours. I will make it my new quest. :LOL:

Make sure you pick this up:

28716-albums287-picture2571.jpg

Pick up two!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love these, used to eat them alot when I lived in Australia, but alas is much harder to find in England.

Oh, please come join in the fun! You can make your own in England. My sauteed mushrooms for breakfast was definitely England-inspired. :chef:

The little bento comes in a bright cherry red too! I've been making breakfast sandwiches on whole grain English muffins. Egg white omelets, cream cheese with roasted tomatoes, PB&J. All have been great and they fit in the little top part (which is designed to hold two rice balls.) The lower section holds enough space for a nice bit of yogurt, a cup of blue berries, even a serving of sauteed mushrooms. Plus, it is cute. :)

The Hello Kitty Bento is just awesome. When I went to Amazon to seek one, they did not have them as cute as yours. I will make it my new quest. :LOL:

My order from All Things On Sale will be here on Wednesday...I got the red one.

Oh, please come join in the fun! You can make your own in England. My sauteed mushrooms for breakfast was definitely England-inspired. :chef:

Yes, please join the fun...I just had to look, I DID get another Bento Box...it's a surprise! Also ordered some furikakes.

Kathleen, check out JBox.com for Hello Kitty items.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom