"Breezy Chicken, Goat Cheese, & Spinach Quesadillas"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BreezyCooking

Washing Up
Okay - not authentically "ethnic", but sure were delicious!!

Breezy Chicken, Goat Cheese, & Spinach Quesadillas

Approx. 2-3 cups diced/shredded cooked chicken
4 oz. “Fiesta” goat cheese spread **
4 oz. plain fresh goat cheese, sliced into quarters
One 10-12 oz. bag fresh baby spinach
2-3 cloves garlic, peeled & chopped
2 shallot “cloves”, peeled & chopped
Extra-virgin olive oil
Spray oil of choice
Eight 8” flour tortillas
Red & green salsas & sour cream for dipping

In a pan large enough to hold spinach, heat a couple of dollops of extra-virgin olive oil. Lightly saute shallots & garlic until just soft – not browned. Add spinach & fold in until wilted down. Remove from heat.

Heat up a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat & spray lightly with cooking spray. Spread approx. ¼ of the the Fiesta goat cheese on one tortilla & place in skillet. Quickly top with approx. ¼ of the spinach mixture, ¼ of the cooked chicken, & a crumbled ¼ of the plain goat cheese. Top with another tortilla & press down firmly. After a minute or two, flip tortilla over & gently press again. When light brown underneath, remove, cut into quarters with kitchen shears & serve with sides of salsa & sour cream for dipping if desired. Repeat with remaining tortillas.

I usually make & serve these as I go, but if you want you can keep these in a 200-degree oven until you’ve made all of them. They may lose a “little” crispiness, but not a whole lot.

** “Fiesta” goat cheese spread is something I buy from a goat cheese vendor at our local farmers market. It’s a fresh soft goat cheese with Mexican spices mixed in. I’d think that stirring a dab of red salsa or your own chili-type spices into plain goat cheese would result in the same effect.

Back
Top Bottom