British Puddings - No. 1: Spotted Dick

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bolas De Fraile

Executive Chef
This pud was a big hit in my childhood. My Mum used to medicate the 3 of us with it. A big bowl of Spotty and custard would remove the symptoms of ADHT for a min of 3 hours, two bowls could induce a comatose state broken only by the occasional speaking in tongues.
How To Prepare Spotted Dick - YouTube

The British have UNUSUAL names for their pastries !

@ Bolas,

I had some FOOLS too which are a kiwi layered cream dessert served in parfait glasses ... Nice post ... I shall make note, when we have guests ...

Thanks for posting.
Margi.

Bolas: The Queen´s Pudding - Lovely

Nice youtube.com video ... thanks. I shall have to try it ...

At moment I am thinking about a dessert for Oscar night, however, we shall watch it on Monday, as it is aired 1 day later on TVE 1 channel.

Charcuterie from Italia and Iberian acorn fed ham from Jabugo, Huelva and cheeeses from Italia and Spain with an array of crackers and assorted warm oven breads ... simple and yet quite interesting ...

Have a lovely Sunday.
Margi.

Those look great. I have limited experience making English puddings. I used to make a steamed date pudding for my grandmother every Christmas with a vanilla custard sauce, she really enjoyed those. She had a mold with a locking top that I would use.

Thanks for posting Bolas:) Spotted dick and custard really remind me of my school days in England and not bad memories either but just distant:LOL:

Nice videos and I'll have to get my baking apron on and give these a go:chef:

Back
Top Bottom