Calzone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LadyCook61

Master Chef
Not sure if this would be in Ethnic or bread :). I have a craving for home made Calzone, made my own dough with the KitchenAid stand mixer, waiting for the dough to rise. I plan to make smoked ham, mixed with Ricotta cheese and mozzarella cheese and reggiano parmesan.

Sounds good. You could also try Italian cold cuts. Prosciutto, coppacola, genoa salami, mortadella and provelone cheese.

Or, roasted red peppers, cheese and calamata olives

I made one with artichokes and spinach once. Really good. Parmesan was in there I know, I cant remember what else. It was more like a white pizza, no tomato sauce.

I made calzones for dinner last night. Mine are so vanilla, just the usual pizza suspects, you guys have given me some new ideas!

That reminds me...I haven't made Calzones in a long time. I usually just stuff them with whatever I have on hand. Leftover broccoli, chicken and cheese makes a good one.

Not sure if this would be in Ethnic or bread :). I have a craving for home made Calzone, made my own dough with the KitchenAid stand mixer, waiting for the dough to rise. I plan to make smoked ham, mixed with Ricotta cheese and mozzarella cheese and reggiano parmesan.

Yum. Those are some of my fave fillings from one of my fave Italian restaurants. (They might use prosciutto instead of ham.) I also like to add mushrooms or spinach, & marinara on the side for dipping. You could also change it out & add crab or small shrimp to the cheese mixture. Lotsa ways to go.

Roasted red peppers would be good in it, I agree. Or the broccoli, chicken and cheese sounds good.
I made a seafood one with shrimp and scallops once that was great.

Back
Top Bottom