Chicken Katsu curry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nunamwan

Assistant Cook
Hiiiii,I cooked this yesterday and i have been eating it for two days now. anyone want some??? i hope everyone like it:pig:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    197.9 KB · Views: 261
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    203.7 KB · Views: 269
mudbug said:
Looks good, nunamwan. What's that dark juicy stuff lurking underneath the rice ? Also, what did you coat the chicken with?

I think the dark juicy stuff is thai curry. The coating is panko/egg/flour? Never tried curry on fried chicken but I like the idea!! Can you share the recipe with us, nunamwan?:)

That looks like Japanese-style curry. That's almost like comfort food to me. You can pretty much find a take-out restaurant on every block in Honolulu that sells that. I've probably eaten this at least 1,000 times.

The curry is Japanese curry. The curry comes in small cubes, and it's available in most asian grocery store.
As Urmaniac13 said, first, season chicken with salt and pepper and coat with flour,egg, and japanese bread crumb.
here is how i cook my yummy curry sauce(i don't have exact measurement)
First, sautee 1 onion with olive oil and butter and season with salt. Put carrot and potato in follow with water ( chicken stock is great too!!) when the veggies are cooked, here is the tip, turn off your burner and put curry cubes, stir until dissolve,and then you can turn on your burner at low and let it simmer for almost an hour ( you have to stir it often though).and it's done!!!!
overnight curry tases better hehe. Oh i also put more curry power,black pepper,and chilli pepper to my curry becasue i eat spicy food.

i forgot to attach a pic of curry box.here it is.
Ohhh and my Eng is not so good, so please ask if you don't understand.:pig: :pig:

Attachments

• kblue.jpg
    kblue.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 220

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom