Chinese Food/Does the High Cooking Heat affect the taste?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You know what, I have never cooked eggs over low heat. I've always cooked scrambled eggs over as high as heat as possible, stirring constantly, and they ALWAYS, come out light, fluffy/puffy, and moist. There may be a little liquid coming out of them, but I just soak that up with some paper towels. I mix the eggs with a bit of milk or cream, salt, and scramble them in a pan on heat heat with a little butter (not allowed to brown, just to start to sizzle). The eggs I've seen cooked over low heat don't look nearly as appetizing as what I make.

The liquid you have to soak up with some paper towels is the result of the proteins in the eggs getting too hot.

The liquid you have to soak up with some paper towels is the result of the proteins in the eggs getting too hot.

Agreed, Andy. I start scrambled eggs on med in a bit of butter, then lower the heat and stir gently when they start to set, but not too much stirring. My idea of perfect scrambled eggs is to have somewhat large chunks, delicate, and still shiny when they reach my plate. :yum:

Last edited:

I am aware, that's why I mentioned it. However, my eggs are still more moist than any cooked the low heat way that I've ever had, plus they are a heck of a lot fluffier.

Back
Top Bottom