Cooking with a Tagine

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tagines seal in all the spices and seasonings

@ 40 Calibar,

the earthenware clay like cooking vessel with a conical lid or cover seals in all the flavors, spices, herbs and savoury and sweet flavors .. It is quite an ancient Tangier practice ... sometimes, traditional ways are the best ways ...

Margi.

Margi, the recipe sounds delightful. Thank you so much for sharing it! I'll try to make it one weekend! I love sea bass and like most fish dishes!

@ Kathleen Cupcake: Thanks so much for ur note

I am pleased to hear that u shall try it ... One can try it with any firm white fish available where u reside.

I had also posted a Lamb, date & Ginger Tagine which is lovely too, as a separate thread entitled same ...

Thanks again for ur note.
Margi.

Chicken with Potatoes and Peas

Frank was getting a bit tired of cumin, which many tagine recipes seem to have. I found this recipe and made it today. I liked the dish, but it seemed to be missing "something." Perhaps some acidic flavor or some sweetness - I'm really not sure. I will likely make it again and experiment. As before, the chicken fell off the bone. We had it with bread that was wonderful for mopping up the broth.

I've been buying whole chicken and using the backbone, breast bone, neck and wing tips for stock.

Attachments

• Chicken Tagine with Potatoes and Peas.jpg
    Chicken Tagine with Potatoes and Peas.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 191
Frank was getting a bit tired of cumin, which many tagine recipes seem to have. I found this recipe and made it today. I liked the dish, but it seemed to be missing "something." Perhaps some acidic flavor or some sweetness - I'm really not sure. I will likely make it again and experiment. As before, the chicken fell off the bone. We had it with bread that was wonderful for mopping up the broth.

I've been buying whole chicken and using the backbone, breast bone, neck and wing tips for stock.

That does look yummy.

I thought you guys had gallons of voodoo chicken stock. Is it all used up?

Thanks, PF and Taxlady!

No more voodoo chicken stock! We used it all and need to make more. Even if we still had our voodoo stock, it is so easy to toss the backbone, neck, breast bone and wing tips in a pot to simmer for two or three hours. The stock thickens like it has gelatin in it. Chicken stock never goes to waste around here. :yum:

We do need to make more voodoo stock. I miss the chicken feet rising from the pot. :LOL:

It would make me hide, too!!! Good thing there someone else around to handle the voodoo chicken.

Back
Top Bottom