Cuban Picadillo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sounds like there are many 'authentic' versions of picadillo. Since its roots are originally Spanish, not just Cuban, it took on ingredients and flavors from different cultures. It's originally just a way to stretch and flavor chopped meat. Everything else is optional.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Picadillo

I

Medtran, what type of sherry? Sherry could add an additional sweetness to the dish.
c.

Medium dry, full bodied, nothing special, just something you can pick up at a grocery that carries a fairly extensive wine selection if you don't feel like going to the liquor store.

Medium dry, full bodied, nothing special, just something you can pick up at a grocery that carries a fairly extensive wine selection if you don't feel like going to the liquor store.

I ask because sherry runs the gamut from very dry to cream sherry.

With no disrespect intended to anyone who uses capers in this dish, despite your disdain, I will continue to leave them out of my "Cuban Influenced Caper-Free Picadillo".

None taken. Just my personal experience. Go ahead and make sloppy Joe's if you want.

This sounds good Kay, thanks for the link to the recipe. I'll make this as is, but will have to halve the recipe since it's just me here. On second thought, I imagine it would freeze well. :)

The side salad sounds delish, too!

Very true, Kay. Probably better to cook the 'taters separately if I plan on freezing some of it.

Y'all know what? This is better after a day in the fridge. The golden raisins plump up to grape size and add more sweetness to the dish. Next time I make this I might just double the amount of golden raisins.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom