Curry knowledge?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

alaricwolfe

Assistant Cook
So, i've been looking into making japanese style curry, (once i get the hang of it, i wanna experiment, and make it my own) however, i can't find any curry stock, roux, powder, or recipes that don't have ginger. the thing about it is that, believe it or not, i'm allergic to ginger. if i have any, i feel like i have a knife twisting around in my gut, and i've tried it many different ways, always to the same end. anyhow, back to my original issue. if anyone knows of a way to make curry without the ginger, then please let me know. if not, then it looks like i'm gonna be living in hell until i perfect this recipe :chef:

So, i've been looking into making japanese style curry, (once i get the hang of it, i wanna experiment, and make it my own) however, i can't find any curry stock, roux, powder, or recipes that don't have ginger. the thing about it is that, believe it or not, i'm allergic to ginger. if i have any, i feel like i have a knife twisting around in my gut, and i've tried it many different ways, always to the same end. anyhow, back to my original issue. if anyone knows of a way to make curry without the ginger, then please let me know. if not, then it looks like i'm gonna be living in hell until i perfect this recipe :chef:
How odd. Ginger is supposed to be good for stomach conditions - it's often recommended for morning sickness in pregnant ladies, travel sickness and it helps my GERD.

There is no reason to have ginger in your curries f you don't want/can't have it. You can make up your own curry powder from the separate components and leave out the ginger. Lots of recipes for the mixtures on-line and in recipe books. Not sure what "Japanese" curry is, though.

Back
Top Bottom