Delicious, easy, simple Asian recipes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
saba banana

Hi..hope this helps
a turron according to wikipedia
' Though many varieties exist, a typical turrón is plantain and jackfruit wrapped in a springroll wrapper, dipped in brown sugar, then fried. This somewhat resembles banana spring rolls. These are also known as banana fritters.'

The jackfruit is seasonal but the bananas are always available...regarding the saba banana its has a large angular fruit with a white and sweet starchy flesh that makes it ideal for cooking.its shorter than the regurlar banana..its ommon in the Philippines; the fruit is a cooking banana.
But if u cant find a saba banana, plantains are ok to use.

Hi, Quick question. Is corn flour the same as corn starch?

No, they're not the same thing; but unfortunately & to make things more confusing, it depends on where you're located &/or where the cookbook/recipe you're reading was published.

Here in the U.S., "corn flour" is flour produced by grinding/processing the whole kernel of corn. It's really just corn meal that's simply been processed further into a powder. "Corn starch" is a powder produced by grinding JUST the endosperm of the kernel, which, in a brief nutshell, is a starch that surrounds the plant embryo in the kernel.

However, in the U.K. & other parts of Europe, the terms "corn flour" & "corn starch" are used interchangeably to mean the same thing - "Corn Starch". So if you're reading a recipe from a British-published cookbook & it calls for "corn flour", chances are better than excellent that they really mean "corn starch". Oh - & every Asian recipe I've ever read that calls for "corn flour", has meant "corn starch".

So now that I've got you straightend out on that circus. . . .:LOL:

Thanks BreesyCooking for taking the time to explain about corn flour and corn starch.
You answered my question perfectly and likely helped out some other folks also.

Made soft cheese scones yesterday morning for breakfast. This is not an Asian food but they were really so good I'll post it anyway here. It's very cheesy and my family loves it very much. Anything homemade is fresh & taste superior to store bought. It very easy and fast to make. Check for recipe at Keep Learning Keep Smiling » Soft Cheese Scones

Cheers,
shalinee

shalinee these scones look absolutely divine!!!thanks for the recipe and photo.i'm def gonna try it one of these days.:)

I made a very awesome, healthy bread yesterday. It was so fresh and so full of flavour. I made avocado cheese sandwich with it. It tasted really, really good. Making bread is very easy. It's unbeatable. I will not buy again. Check it out at Keep Learning Keep Smiling » Best Healthy Avocado Sandwich

Cheers,
Shalinee

img_847214_0_466fb1f12434cd4f6af2341dbbd03b46.png

I tried the recipe this weekend and omg it was out of this world! The crunch of the nuts were so good and everyone had a fit over it! Thanks!

One love, I'm so glad you tried and everyone liked it.

cheers,
shalinee

I just made this lovely salad the other evening for my family after being inspired by a friend to eat salad. I love it. It's Poussin (spring chicken) with yoghurt, green beans and coriander. It's simple, easy & can be a healthy, light meal all on its own. I ate a big plate. More pictures and steps to combine it at
Keep Learning Keep Smiling » Poussin Salad With Yoghurt, Green Beans And Coriander

Cheers,
shalinee

These look like the perfect dishes for me to try out. Thanks for the website and these great recipes.

they are very simple, easy and fast recipes to try out, very good for busy people like myself, and good enough for entertaining friends. They are my family favourites. Let me know if you need any help. Cooking is fun.

Cheers,
shalinee

HI..Im half Filipino and when it comes to Asian Cooking, Filipino cuisine is one of the best. Id like to share this recipe with y'all.

Yellow Ribbon Turon
(makes 20 pieces)

- 10 saba bananas, sliced lengthwise
- 20 lumpia wrappers (spring roll wrappers)
- brown sugar (start with ½ cup then keep adding when you run out)
- 10 pieces Choc-nut chopped (this will also depend on how much you want to put into your turon)
- 10 pieces total Curly Tops & Flat Tops, chopped (again, this will also depend on how much you want to put into your turon)
- a little water
- oil for frying
80breakfasts.blogspot.com

Here’s what you do:

- Spread the brown sugar in a bowl wide enough to lay the banana slices in.
- Coat a slice of banana in the brown sugar.
- Place the coated banana on one end of the lumpia wrapper
- Place alternating chunks of Choc-nut on the banana slice (Feel free to do this to your taste, if you want more of the peanut or more of the chocolate flavor.
- Fold wrapper and banana over once, then fold the side ends in, then continue folding until you reach the end of the wrapper. Seal the end with water.
- Repeat procedure with the rest of the banana slices.
- Fry in hot oil until golden brown.

choc-nut is a Philippine made product,,You can substitute it with chopped peanuts or any chocolate u want....You can also top the turones with vanilla ice cream..Hope y'all try this one out. xoxo:chef:
what are Curly Tops & Flat Tops? sounds like parsley to me but i am sure thats not right :LOL:

HI..Im half Filipino and when it comes to Asian Cooking, Filipino cuisine is one of the best. Id like to share this recipe with y'all.

Yellow Ribbon Turon
(makes 20 pieces)

- 10 saba bananas, sliced lengthwise
- 20 lumpia wrappers (spring roll wrappers)
- brown sugar (start with ½ cup then keep adding when you run out)
- 10 pieces Choc-nut chopped (this will also depend on how much you want to put into your turon)
- 10 pieces total Curly Tops & Flat Tops, chopped (again, this will also depend on how much you want to put into your turon)
- a little water
- oil for frying
80breakfasts.blogspot.com

Here’s what you do:

- Spread the brown sugar in a bowl wide enough to lay the banana slices in.
- Coat a slice of banana in the brown sugar.
- Place the coated banana on one end of the lumpia wrapper
- Place alternating chunks of Choc-nut on the banana slice (Feel free to do this to your taste, if you want more of the peanut or more of the chocolate flavor.
- Fold wrapper and banana over once, then fold the side ends in, then continue folding until you reach the end of the wrapper. Seal the end with water.
- Repeat procedure with the rest of the banana slices.
- Fry in hot oil until golden brown.

choc-nut is a Philippine made product,,You can substitute it with chopped peanuts or any chocolate u want....You can also top the turones with vanilla ice cream..Hope y'all try this one out. xoxo:chef:
also whats a Choc-nut?

Back
Top Bottom