Delicious, easy, simple Asian recipes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My favourite meat ball rice porridge (congee) is very easy to prepare. Even children like very much. Asians feed their children with a lot of rice porridge cooked in various ways.

Ingredients
cooked rice
sweet corn water (water from cooking sweet corn)
light soya sauce to taste
pepper powder (optional)
minced meat
leafy vegetables
fried shallots oil
coriander leaves to garnish

More pictures and steps to cook it at Keep Learning Keep Smiling » Meat Balls Rice Porridge

powerplantop, thanks lots for your compliments. We have been enjoying it since I made. Hope to make kimchi pancake soon.

Philippine Adobo

Though heavily infliuenced by Latin cooking the Filipino-style adobo is one of the best food ive tasted.
'ypically, pork or chicken, or a combination of both, is slowly cooked in soy sauce, vinegar, crushed garlic, bay leaf, and black peppercorns, and often browned in the oven or pan-fried afterward to get the desirable crisped edges.'(wikipedia)
Ive had adobo pork rice and it was oh so good..reminds me of home.:LOL:Chicken adobo is also good. It goes well with fried rice.

heard a lot about the famous Philippine adobo chicken. Hope to try one of these days to cook it.

that looks so delicious. Taking note of it. Thanks so much.

My family loves sweet and sour fish. There has to be a nice balance between sourness, sweetness and saltiness. I have one here which is my family's favourite. It's actually very easy and simple. More pictures and recipe on how to cook it at Keep Learning Keep Smiling » Sweet And Sour Fish

Cheers,
shalinee

img_849871_0_bfcda4b5eb718461d5d6a31f5b624819.png

My latest craze is kimchi. It's so appetizing. It goes so well with almost all Asian dishes. I made fried chicken with kimchi & my family loved it so much with just plain rice. It came as an inspiration after eating at a Korean Restaurant. More pictures and recipe at Keep Learning Keep Smiling » Fried Korean Kimchi Chicken

Enjoy cooking,
shalinee

Menudo

In the Philippines we love our Menudo...kinda similar to the Mexican menudo but less spicier and easier to make with a few local ingredients such as peas and raisins...white rice usually goes great with this dish.

Menudo-main_Full.jpg

In the Philippines we love our Menudo...kinda similar to the Mexican menudo but less spicier and easier to make with a few local ingredients such as peas and raisins...white rice usually goes great with this dish.

I have to say that I have had both kinds and they both can be great.

Back
Top Bottom